Join the team reinventing healthcare!
Included Health is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. Data Scientists at Included Health work on a problem core to the future of healthcare: how can we use data, technology, and advances in AI to disrupt the cumbersome and confusing healthcare system in the United States today? The time is NOW to leverage the latest technology to reinvent a very broken system! We strive to use personalization and automation to get our members to better clinical outcomes at lower healthcare costs, while streamlining the experience of accessing care. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our Data Science Applications team…someone who can help establish and deliver a vision around how to use Data Science to accelerate the delivery of value to our members and clients.
Included Health has several Product verticals that deliver our Navigation and Virtual Care offerings. We take pride in a close Engineering-Product-Data-Design partnership through each of these verticals to help our products come to life. You will be the Data representative in these leadership quads. Your reports will embed in these Product verticals to deeply understand/influence the needs and visions of each group, and then work together to deliver value through the verticals. You will also partner closely with our Data Science Platform team. The Data Science Platform team looks for the common denominator across the Product verticals, and creates the scale required to support the Applications team.
This is a relationship driven role. We are looking for someone who has experience in and enjoys cross-functional partnerships, and has a track record of influencing partners to use data-capabilities to deliver value faster. We are a company with ambitious goals, and are looking for someone who will accelerate our delivery of clinical outcomes, healthcare cost savings, member experience, and gross margin. This manager will start with 5-6 direct reports and grow the team as the company grows. Included Health has a strong culture of personal development and we are looking for leaders with a track record of coaching and mentoring their teams.
- A desire to work with a diverse, driven team to help improve clinical outcomes for hundreds of thousands of members
- Ambitious, humble, people smart, and problem smart
- At least 3 years of experience managing a Data Science team
- Strong technical background in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Experience, aptitude, and interest in cross-functional partnerships and cross-functional influence
- Strong business intuition, and a track record of partnering with Data Science, Product, Engineering, Design, and Analytics teams to establish vision, strategy, and roadmaps that accelerate business value
- A track record of delivering impactful data-driven products from conception to production
- A track record of growing teams (including hiring, retaining, growing individuals, and scaling team impact)
- Experience or interest in healthcare
- Experience delivering personalization- or automation-related products
- Example 1: Think about the last time you had a basic insurance coverage question. How long did you wait on hold? Was the question answered? Did the answer make sense/resolve your need? Accessing and paying for care often seems unnecessarily difficult. We are trying to create automated/self-serve experiences to quickly, easily, and accurately get basic “healthcare logistics” questions answered. Using Natural Language Processing to understand a member’s question and Large Language Models to generate responses to questions, we aim to make what should be painless in healthcare, painless.
- Example 2: Not all members want or need the same healthcare experience. A relatively healthy member wants a quick and easy experience. Members with rising risks may want more education about their options. High risk members may need help with complex care management. We use various methods to segment members in order to understand their risk profile and journeys. Then we partner with our various Product teams to determine where we can apply personalization through our products to cater the experience to each member. For example, we are working on smart recommendations on our homepage, to highlight the services/benefits that we think will be most relevant to our members when they login.
- Example 3: When a member is looking for a new provider, it is really difficult to know which providers are going to be best suited for their needs. Included Health is marketing-leading in our Provider Match capabilities. This is a set of hundreds of models that aims to predict the most safe, effective, accessible, relevant, and cost-efficient providers for a given member. As we move forward, we want to expand on our capabilities, and enable match to a broader set of in-person and virtual services and benefits. We also want to translate the complex logic that resides in our models to transparent member-facing tidbits to enable informed decision making.
So, what are you waiting for? Come apply your data and leadership chops to a problem that is central to all of our lives! Come make a difference with Included Health!
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.