About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Our mission is to change the way government interacts with and uses data and technology. Our purpose is to help government to better serve its citizens. Redhorse Corporation offers a proven approach to mission-focused innovation. Design thinking helps us understand customer problems and develop better ways to solve them. Lean Startup lets us turn those ideas into business models that work, quickly and for the least cost. Our world class engineers and data scientists wring the value from data, and Agile helps us deliver solutions quickly and incrementally, building exactly what is needed, as fast as possible. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is expanding our world-class knowledge graphs team to support a high-priority analytics project. The Graph Data Scientist – Level III will serve as the senior data scientist on a cross-functional engineering team to quickly establish and continuously improve a knowledge graph-enabled analytics platform to support a focused analytic mission. The Data Scientist will lead the analysis of a global-scale knowledge graph comprised of multiple commercial and open sources data sets, supporting human analysis, applied data science, and graph-based machine learning use cases. The work location for this position is in the National Capital Region (NCR) with the possibility of up 25% local travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
- Contribute deep expertise and vision to the development of a mission-focused graph-enabled analytics platform, to include knowledge graph development and design, schema development, data science workflow development, machine-aided analytics, and graph-based machine learning initiatives.
- Designs, configures, develops, tests, and supports informatics and data science solutions for a wide array of technical use cases.
- Applies analytical methodologies to diagnose data-related challenges, implement solutions, and evaluate performance.
- Documents and presents requirements, design alternatives, and findings to team members and clients.
- Drive the adoption and optimization of integrated development environments, data integration, data visualization, data mining, and analysis tools
- Mentor and develop junior data scientists and other team members.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizen with TS/SCI US government clearance. Applicants who are not US Citizens and who do not have a current and active TS/SCI security clearance will not be considered for this role.
- Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with large scale knowledge graphs, native graph databases, and knowledge graph applications (e.g. rules engines, cognitive search, complex data exploration and visualization workflows, recommendation engines)
- Experience with machine learning applications, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory
- Experience in data scientist or ML Engineer role building ML models.
- Experience writing code in Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ with documentation for reproducibility.
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL, and working with GPUs to develop models.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations.
Preferred Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Publications or presentations in recognized ML journals or conferences
- Deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organization
Executive Order Requirement:
While currently on HOLD, Redhorse recognizes that we may need to comply with Executive Order 14042 which requires Federal Contractors to ensure all U.S. new hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. As required by the Executive Order, Redhorse will work in coordination with applicable contract agencies to consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.