StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
We are searching for a talented Data Scientist to join our engineering team as we continue to expand our data science efforts. Our platform is connected to thousands of publishers and advertisers worldwide and as a result, we're dealing with millions of requests each second, making billions of decisions. We utilize the latest technologies to solve challenges in traffic, data storage, machine learning, and scalability.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, and we are open to candidates located anywhere in Canada for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Innovate ML algorithms to maximize ROI and advertising performance. This ranges from creating entirely new algorithms, to improvements on state-of-the art methods, to development using a deep understanding of classic methods
- Write production code, sometimes collaborating with Data Engineers, to implement the novel ML algorithms
- Prototype potential algorithms and pipelines, test them using historical data, and iterate to modify based on insights
What you'll bring to the table:
- Have a Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or a related field, with dual degrees a plus.
- Have the ability to take an ambiguously defined task, and break it down into actionable steps
- Have a comprehensive understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning
- Are proficient in coding, data structures, and algorithms
- Enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative environment with others
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded: