We are searching for a Manufacturing intern to support the design and integration of industrial automation systems. At OSARO we are creating hardware, software and machine learning products that are transforming the static robotics industry by endowing industrial robots with Level 4 autonomy. This level of autonomy is needed to perform an extensive variety of useful tasks and integrate tightly with our customers’ complex software environments.
As a Manufacturing intern, you will be participating in many aspects of customer integration and R&D projects at OSARO. You will collaborate with manufacturing and hardware teams to design, build, and implement new hardware -- including sensors, cameras, pneumatics, industrial actuators, and end effectors
We value candidates who are passionate about what they build, feel a strong sense of ownership over their work and love learning from continuous challenges. You are someone who cares deeply about your team so you are both direct and believe in doing what you say.
What You'll be Doing
- Designing, building, and testing experimental hardware in the material handling space.
- Supporting internal engineering teams by troubleshooting mechanical systems to make sure equipment is operational for both deployment and development.
Experience and Skills You'll Need
- School related experience in mechanical, pneumatic or electrical systems. Familiar in CAD design (Solidworks). Capable of reading and making drawings of existing designs.
- Familiarity with motion control components such as motors, encoders, linear actuators, hydraulics, pneumatics, and other sensors is a plus.
- Experience in team based projects and balancing competing priorities.
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to learn in a small team-based environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Bonus if You Have
- Experience in industrial system integration.
- Experience with robotic End of Arm Tool design.
- Experience with pneumatic system design.
$20 - $38 an hour
Actual compensation is based on various factors, including but not limited to work location, job-related skills, and experience.
More About Osaro
OSARO is a San Francisco-based startup company building machine learning software for industrial automation, to power robots in factories and distribution centers. OSARO is extremely optimistic about the power of AI to solve problems now to provide real value to people’s lives.The company has a blue chip roster of investors, advisors, and employees. Our vision is to enable industrial robots to perform diverse tasks in a wide range of environments. We are excited and driven to see the results of our efforts operating in the fast-growing field of warehouse automation. We implement state-of-the-art techniques but constantly strive to build the simplest possible solution. OSARO is technique agnostic and always focused on the goal. We regularly review academic literature for novel strategies while steering clear of the hype. We’re focused on delighting our customers with systems that work like magic.
Our markets are global. That’s why OSARO employs a diverse team of experts in various fields from more than 15 countries, attracting talent from both innovative companies and the research labs of top-ranked engineering universities. We are naturally curious, love healthy debate, and respect varying points of view. At OSARO, we strive to be champions for equality. We believe we can serve as a model for diversity in the tech industry by emphasizing policies of nondiscrimination and inclusion at every step.
We are an equal opportunity employer who offers
Health, dental, vision, and commuter benefits
Generous, flexible, unlimited vacation time
Excellent paid parental leave policy with the option for additional reduced and unpaid leave
The chance to work with robots in a dod friendly office!
The above full-time position is available immediately.
You should be willing to move to the SF Bay Area