InstaDeep, founded in 2014, is a pioneering AI company at the forefront of innovation. With strategic offices in major cities worldwide, including London, Paris, Berlin, Tunis, Lagos, Cape Town, Boston, and San Francisco, InstaDeep collaborates with giants like Google DeepMind and prestigious educational institutions like MIT, Stanford, Oxford, UCL, and Imperial College London. We are a Google Cloud Partner and a select NVIDIA Elite Service Delivery Partner. We have been listed among notable players in AI, fast-growing companies, and Europe's 1000 fastest-growing companies in 2022 by Statista and the Financial Times. Our recent acquisition by BioNTech has further solidified our commitment to leading the industry.
Join us to be a part of the AI revolution!
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated PhD research interns to join our Research office in Boston during summer 2024 for 12 weeks minimum.
Our team is at the forefront of AI for biological applications, focusing on the innovative use of Large Language Models (LLMs) for genomics and building upon our most recent achievements such as the Nucleotide Transformer. The successful candidate will be joining our efforts in continuing to push the state-of-the-art in the field. The candidate will lead a research agenda in one of our topics of interest in the area of Reinforcement Learning, including (but not limited to) RL for LLMs and RL for genomics and proteomics. In this process, the candidate will closely work with our team of researchers, with the goal of working on novel ideas, developing prototype applications and models, implementing software libraries, and writing research papers.
- Develop novel algorithms and research ideas in deep learning and/or reinforcement learning.
- Contribute to team research and publications.
- Bridge the gap between the research and engineering teams by contributing research that can be applied to InstaDeep’s products and solutions.
- Report and present experimental results and research findings, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Upon request, collaborate with other groups’ activities, including but not limited to presenting the company to new prospective clients, participating in calls and meetings, and representing Instadeep in conferences/events.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD programme in Computer Science, AI or a related field.
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, and/or Jax.Proven ability to contribute to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing scientific papers at conferences (JMLR, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, GECCO, etc.).
- Experience with Python, version control (git), Docker, Google Cloud
- Work permit for the US for the duration of the internship.
Our commitment to our people
We empower individuals to celebrate their uniqueness here at InstaDeep. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we’re proud to continue encouraging and supporting applicants from underrepresented groups across the globe. Our commitment to creating an authentic environment comes from our ability to learn and grow from our diversity, and how better to experience this than by joining our team? We operate on a hybrid work model with guidance to work at the office at least 2 to 3 days per week to encourage close collaboration and innovation. We are continuing to review the situation with the well-being of InstaDeepers at the forefront of our minds.
Right to work: Please note that you will require the legal right to work in the location you are applying for.