Accurately perceiving the world is foundational to autonomous driving. To support this, the Zoox Simulation Team is looking for skilled 3D Scene Reconstruction engineers to join the team. In this role, you will collaborate with ML researchers, technical artists, and simulation engineers to build realistic, accurate and detailed 3D models using machine learning from a variety of data sources. This role demands a blend of technical proficiency and a keen eye for detail to ensure the reconstructed scenes are as lifelike and accurate as possible.
- Solid understanding of the state of the art, practical scene reconstruction techniques including but not limited to neural, volumetric and point-cloud methods.
- Must have experience in evaluating reconstruction output, ensuring the generated scenes meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable codeImprove rendering and tooling for generating photoreal data at scale.
- Experience in 3D rendering for simulation, games, or VFX
- Experience with NeRF, SDF, or an equivalent technique
- High proficiency in C++ and Python
- Experience building ML models
- Experience in computer vision or roboticsExperience with lidar, radar, or camera simulation
- Experience with 3D generative ML
- Experience automating 3D content pipelines using apps like Houdini, Maya, or Blender
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud computing platforms
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $110,000 to $235,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.