The Product team is the team responsible for developing Cognite Data Fusion as a robust and scalable platform for solving industrial data problems at Cognite. The industrial data problem is at the heart of transforming asset-intensive industries to be safer, more sustainable and more profitable. Cognite’s Cognite Data Fusion makes the operational data available at scale and adds value to the data through data processing. This enables asset-intensive industries to make data-driven decisions. Our platform is built on many different technologies, each good at solving various challenges.
To build the best possible product, we believe in autonomous teams with developers, designers and product managers working closely together. We use the latest technologies ☁️ and work closely with end users to iterate quickly towards better product experiences 💻. That means that our users have the best data quality possible and ensure better insights for the user through data science and physical process modeling.
The rapid advances of Artificial intelligence (AI), especially around Generative AI, and in particular LLMs like OpenAI GPT family of models, have driven innovations starting to disrupt existing market spaces across industry. Many businesses are betting on AI as the next growth opportunity.
Are you passionate about applying state-of-the-art AI algorithms to real-world use-cases? Do you enjoy building end-to-end AI architectures that optimize or revolutionize existing processes?
Are you fascinated by the new possibilities that Generative AI, Transformer models, and LLMs are creating to change the world?
We are looking for exceptionally talented and experienced individuals who have a proven track-record of working collaboratively with cross-functional internal and external teams, to identify opportunities and to lead the development of AI architectures in different industries that we target such as energy, manufacturing and utilities. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record for identifying repeatable patterns, to scale vertical solutions horizontally across industries.
This position is a hybrid role working from the Austin office. Unfortunately, no relocation assistance is budgeted.
What You'll Do
- Drive architecture and design patterns for various AI and ML related models, and services as part of the Cognite Data Fusion SaaS platform
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional internal teams, including product management, engineering and program management, and external partners and stakeholders, to identify opportunities for developing end-to-end AI architectures for diverse industry scenarios.
- Passion for applying state-of-the art AI algorithms to real-world problems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in AI and related fields, evaluate new developments and technologies for potential integration into existing and future architecture
Who You Are
- You understand the overall architecture of Transformer models, including LLMs
- You understand how to leverage multiple ML models in tandem
- You are familiar with modern techniques for Language Understanding, Computer Vision, NLP models, and other Machine Learning and AI technologies
- You understand the complexities and cost of running AI models at scale in production
- You have experience integrating AI models into highly scalable software features running in the cloud
- You understand good software engineering principles
- You are familiar with Knowledge Graphs and how to leverage them to achieve quick results that don't necessitate a big AI solution
- You're excited about working on a local and global team of engineers, researchers, and product managers.
- 7+ years of industry and/or research experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Experience with AWS, Google or Azure is Required
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @cognitedata 📷 to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB 🗣️ to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.