Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Our 2024 Summer Internship program is a wonderful opportunity for rising 2025 graduates to immerse themselves in an innovative and mission driven culture. Our 10-week paid internship program will provide you with hands on mentorship, an opportunity to add real contribution to our company via your internship project, and a possible job offer at the end. You will have the chance to make lifelong friendships, expand your network, and learn all about what it's like to work in a high-growth, fast scaling tech unicorn. You'll take part in company sponsored events and enjoy exploring a new city. Read on below to learn more about this unique internship!
As an intern on the Sensing team, you will leverage sensor subject matter expertise to develop sensor models based on first principles and empirical data to enable robust autonomy.
What you'll do:
- Conduct trade studies of sensors to inform platform design
- Collect and analyze data with statistical methods to develop a sensor model that can be used by autonomy components
- You are an undergraduate, graduate or PhD student expected to graduate in December 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with designing and executing experiments involving sensors
- Experience with sensor selection / evaluation for edge autonomy systems
- C++, Python, Git, and Linux skills
- Experience evaluating sensors for size, weight, accuracy, and power constraints
- Experience in a collaborative development environment
$50 - $67 an hour
Rising Bachelor's graduate = $50/hour
Rising Master's graduate = $55/hour
Rising PhD graduate = $67/hour
+ Housing stipend provided for those who qualify.
Intern Program Dates:
June 3 - Aug 9
June 24 - Aug 30
*You MUST be available to start on EITHER June 3 or June 24.
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
*Interns/Military Fellows not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.