KUNGFU.AI is a management consulting and engineering firm focused exclusively on artificial intelligence. We empower CEOs and senior executives to leverage the full potential of AI so they remain competitive in a rapidly evolving world.
Our expert team delivers AI strategy and bespoke production-grade solutions that allow clients to rapidly realize value. We stand apart because we implement our AI strategies into production quickly, safely, and responsibly.
Outside of our virtual walls we are painters, foodies, cocktail connoisseurs, musicians, crossword-doers, athletes, dungeon masters, non-profit board members, and more. We’d welcome the opportunity to meet you.
This position sits at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing machine learning applications for our growing client base. You should have strong programming skills and must have professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep Learning
You will join a team of experienced engineers and entrepreneurs bringing practical AI solutions to the market.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Designing and developing bespoke machine learning models, transforming complex challenges into impactful deliverables for clients on-time and on-budget
- Conducting diverse machine learning experiments in a collaborative environment that values knowledge-sharing, inclusivity, and trust
- Partnering with engineers in a pair programming setting to translate theoretical models into robust, scalable solutions
- Engaging in client-facing activities, building lasting partnerships by effectively bridging cutting-edge technology with real-world business needs
- Leading and mentoring project teams, guiding them through machine learning projects and cultivating a culture of continuous improvement
- Staying at the forefront of machine learning advancements, ensuring our solutions are informed by the latest techniques and innovations
What we'd like to see:
- An engineer who can tell stories from a professional setting about the majority of the topics listed below. We aren't requiring a certain number of years of experience, but we do need someone who's got some experience under their belt
- Extensive professional experience building, designing, and deploying machine learning systems
- Someone who is proficient and quite comfortable programming in Python, as that's mostly what we use here
- Experience with object-oriented programming, code hygiene, basic version control, etc. We work on PoCs and prototypes but also deploy and productionalize a portion of our work so some basic software engineering ability is a huge help
- Someone who's comfortable working with deadlines and is confident in their time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to brainstorm, collaborate and problem solve with engineers at all levels in order to deliver on client expectations efficiently and exceptionally
- Demonstrated experience in communicating high-level technical details to clients of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- We're huge on continuous learning. We always look for individuals that have an almost insatiable thirst for knowledge
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position that is remote.
Compensation includes competitive salary, company stock grant, top (‘gold’) level of health, dental and vision insurance (KUNGFU.AI
covers 100% of your premiums and 50% for any dependents), health and dependent flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, unlimited vacation (that you're encouraged to take), paid parental leave, and more.
If this opportunity excites you, we can’t wait to meet you! Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re passionate about the idea of joining KUNGFU.AI
and a great fit for this role.
Note: Due to ITAR compliance and regulations we are only able to hire US Citizens and Green Card Holders.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture that’s professional and effective, while also fun, collaborative and open. We are proud to be the first company to take The Startup Diversity and Inclusion Pledge, which one of our co-founders started. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce fosters more creative ideas, conversations, and results. We also believe in using AI for Good in both our client projects and our corporate philanthropy.
Our values are incredibly important to how we show up for each other, our clients, and for society at large. We expect all of our team members to be:
Inquisitive, in that they have an innate desire to learn and teach.
Inventive, in that nothing (ego, fear, etc.) gets in the way of innovation.
Open, in that they willingly share their learnings and experience with all.
Caring, in that they prioritize self-care, empathy, and an understanding of others.
Trustworthy, as that underpins all of the above.