Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com
and browse a gallery of digital twins.
About the Role:
If the combination of real data, real users, and cutting-edge research appeals to you, then we’d love to talk! Matterport seeks a Sr. or Staff level Machine Learning Engineer to join our remote team. We work on a broad range of technologies, including point cloud alignment, generation/texturing of 3D meshes from point clouds, 3D mesh manipulation, camera calibration, SLAM, multi-view stereo, machine learning, and semantic understanding. And we’ve collected a massive database of complex real-world data that we can use to validate our approaches. You will report to our Manager of Machine Learning Development, remote from your home while our headquarters is in Sunnyvale, CA.
What you will do:
- As a member of the Vision & Learning team, you’ll be responsible for developing robust completely-automated computer vision and machine learning algorithms to handle any real-world environment these users can throw at us, from small spaces captured with mobile devices all the way up to massive stadiums scanned with professional hardware.
- Plan and carry out research and experiments, gather training and evaluation datasets, propose solutions, evaluate hypotheses, incorporate our R&D into customer-facing products.
- Validate and adopt novel research, sharing findings with the broader team
- Develop custom solutions based on your research
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning and computer vision
- Practical experience with the implementation, debugging, training and deployment of neural network architectures for computer vision problems
- A background in exploring and reproducing state of the art computer vision research
- The ability to write performant, well-tested and production ready code in Python
- Experience in working with large data sets and improving infrastructure pipelines
Nice to have:
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Experience with computer vision algorithms related to 3D alignment and reconstruction, semantic understanding of 2D images/3D meshes, mesh processing or feature extraction
- Mastery of software development fundamentals such as Git, Docker and shell scripting
- A PhD or Masters degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field (ECE, Math, Robotics)
- Prior publication in a major academic journal or conference on topics related to machine learning or computer vision
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans* – 100% of premiums covered for employees & 88% of dependent premiums for US employees
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act