At Kiwi.com, we believe everyone should be free to experience the world and that’s why we’re breaking down the barriers to low-cost travel. Using our powerful search technology, we create solutions to make affordable travel accessible for all. With 1200+ people supporting our innovative digital roadmap, we work in a culture that celebrates collaboration, problem-solving, bold decisions, and big ideas. Come and hack the travel market with us!
Lead Data Scientist Mission
We are currently seeking a Lead Data Scientist to join our Data team, who will be responsible for leading one of our teams with a strong technical focus on developing advanced analytics, data science, machine learning, and AI solutions to address various business problems in a customer-centric environment.
On this level, your mission is to serve as a central point of contact team-wide. You are a coordinator of business needs and technical capabilities contained in your team. You take actions that impact the features of your reports and yourself, removing blockers where needed. You are a tactical guide and a spokesperson of a small team of individual contributors.
In this role, you will cooperate closely with business leaders and analytical teams, serving as the Data Science lead on a variety of use cases that range from ad-hoc advanced analytics solutions and small-scale bespoke simulations to the deployment of machine learning models in a production environment. We are committed to establishing the best and most up-to-date data science practices in our team, ensuring that we innovate at scale and speed.
Bold, bright and ambitious? Join a global business that’s still got a start-up heart. Come and hack the travel market with us.
- Leading and mentoring a team of data scientists and establishing best practices and modern software development techniques to learn, build and scale data science solutions.
- Serving as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams and other stakeholders.
- Helping your team members make technical decisions and you share your technical expertise regularly.
- Managing 3-5 engineers.
- Collaborating with the business to design and develop solutions that effectively solve business problems.
- Possessing strong communication skills to articulate how problems can be solved using a data-driven approach.
- A proven track record in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
- Strong expertise in statistics, machine learning, data science, and data mining.
- A proven track record of Tech leadership, leading high-performing agile teams.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, and SQL. Experience with git.
- Understanding / previous experience on ranking problems.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
- English level on communicative and written level (min B2/C1).
Nice to have
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
- Ability to design, implement and optimize data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Understanding of distributed computing architectures and algorithms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactivity, independence, & self-study.
- Methodological work & problem solving.
- Positive attitude, energy.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to your team and your peers.
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We're rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Throughout the recruitment process and for some time after it’s finished, we’re going to process your Personal Data.