We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Scientist Intern to join our Perception Verification and Validation team. The team is responsible for verifying and validating the perception stack of our autonomous driving system. In this role, you will work with other data scientists, perception engineers, and safety engineers to analyze the performance of and identify weaknesses in our perception system. The candidate will help define key performance metrics that will help perception engineers to directly measure the impact of the new features they are developing not only on the Perception stack but also on the end-to-end system behavior.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Working towards PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong background in statistical modeling and analysis
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Proficient with Python
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Experience with Spark or large-scale data analysis, SQL
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,175 to $9,025. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.