Uniphore is one of the largest B2B AI-native companies—decades-proven, built-for-scale and designed for the enterprise. The company drives business outcomes, across multiple industry verticals, and enables the largest global deployments.
Uniphore infuses AI into every part of the enterprise that impacts the customer. We deliver the only multimodal architecture centered on customers that combines Generative AI, Knowledge AI, Emotion AI, workflow automation and a co-pilot to guide you. We understand better than anyone how to capture voice, video and text and how to analyze all types of data.
As AI becomes more powerful, every part of the enterprise that impacts the customer will be disrupted. We believe the future will run on the connective tissue between people, machines and data: all in the service of creating the most human processes and experiences for customers and employees.
The Associate Speech Specialist will play a crucial role in enhancing the performance and accuracy of our conversational AI systems by analyzing voice and chat conversations across various knowledge domains. The specialist will document language aspects, develop training data, and engage in both manual and automated testing to refine underlying language models and improve AI services for speech transcription, intent recognition, entity extraction, and knowledge extraction.
This role sits within our Product team that’s responsible for industry solutions. This entry-level position is tailored for individuals with a foundational understanding of software development lifecycles, seeking to build a career in the dynamic field of generative AI
- Conversation Analysis:
- Analyze voice and chat conversations to understand and document language nuances, user intents, and entities across different domains.
- Identify patterns, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement in conversational interactions.
- Language Model Enhancement:
- Assist in improving the coverage and accuracy of underlying language models by providing insights from conversation analysis.
- Contribute to the enhancement of AI services like speech transcription, knowledge extraction, and entity extraction.
- Training Data Development:
- Develop high-quality training data to train conversational AI systems, ensuring they understand and generate human-like responses.
- Ensure the training data is representative of diverse user interactions and dialects.
- Testing and Quality Assurance:
- Engage in manual testing of conversational AI systems to ensure they respond accurately and coherently to user inputs.
- Utilize test automation tools to validate the performance and accuracy of AI systems at scale.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with data scientists, linguists, and engineers to implement improvements and enhancements in conversational AI systems.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Continuous Learning:
- Stay abreast of the latest developments and trends in speech technology and conversational AI.
- Engage in continuous learning programs to enhance domain-specific knowledge and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in the English Language or any other graduate with good linguistic skills.
- Experience in analyzing language and speech is a plus but not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of conversational AI, NLP, and speech technologies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to decipher linguistic and conversational patterns.
- Basic understanding of natural language processing (NLP) and conversational AI principles.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Basic knowledge of programming or scripting languages is a plus
- Familiarity with speech and language analysis tools and platforms.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and familiarity with test automation tools.
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore uses AI to unify—and humanize—every enterprise experience, please visit www.uniphore.com
All applicants - to review our privacy notice, please click here
Information regarding recruiting and phishing scams:
Employment offers will always be made by a Uniphore hiring manager or Talent Acquisition team member with a @uniphore.com email address only. We will never text you about an employment opportunity, interviews or employment offers, and we do not make job offers after only one interview. Additionally, we will never ask you to provide funds for onboarding, supplies or anything else, nor we will ask you to submit your personal information (date of birth, passport details, banking information, social security number, etc.) as part of the interview process. If you are receiving an employment inquiry or employment offer from a non Uniphore.com
email address, please assume it is spam. If you believe you have been a victim of a phishing or false employment scam, you may want to report this incidents to the FBI iC3
, or visit the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Smart website
to learn how to report such scam.