AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Scientist to come and work on our growing AI stack. If you are excited about cutting-edge work in Generative AI, NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Scalable Model Deployment, then AppZen is the right place for you to use and grow your skills.
- Building models using state of the art deep learning methods such as transformers
- Experience solving novel problems using natural language processing
- Experience training/fine-tuning LLMs or experience with reinforcement learning highly desired
- Knowledge of graph-based machine learning or document understanding methods a plus
- Expert in object oriented Python
- Experience with Numpy, Pytorch, TensorFlow/Keras, NLTK or other associated packages
- Ability and desire to work in all stages of ML pipeline, from data exploration to production deployment
- Self starter and ability to manage and own projects
- MS with 1-2 years of related work experience
- Able to work onsite in San Jose, CA
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
AppZen is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base pay range for this role is listed above. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.