Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is looking for a Hardware Intern to work closely with our engineers on the development of in-house electronics for our robots. You will be involved in fault injection testing, root causing analysis, and data collection for a variety of electronic modules packaged inside of the Zoox vehicle.
- Work cross functionally with various teams to develop in-house electronics for our autonomous vehicle
- Define test plans, design and run board-level signal and power integrity tests for validating the electric design and its margins
- Utilize internal and external standards to define and track appropriate test thresholds. Drive test coverage
- Expose failure modes early in development to drive design improvements
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Rising Senior (Undergraduate Degree expected prior to July 2024)
- Studying engineering, physics or computer science
- Fluent in English
- Project experience (e.g. engineering competition, capstone projects, internships)
- EE Equipment experience (e.g. oscilloscope, power supplies, network analyzers)
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.