Parrot is an AI-first technology company empowering attorneys to get more from depositions. Trusted by leading insurance companies, law firms, and Fortune 500 companies alike, Parrot blends the proficiency of 100% reliable, highly-trained reporters with cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence, ensuring smooth scheduling, immediate rough drafts, and real-time deposition summaries.
As a trusted partner for efficient court reporting services and its leading technology platform, Parrot enables its customers to unlock faster and better outcomes for their clients.
Machine Learning at Parrot
We always say it is more important who you work with than what you work on. We’re a team of driven enthusiastic problem solvers with strong backgrounds in machine learning, engineering, product management, legal, or operations. We’re combining state-of-the-art models, approaches, and technologies from areas like ASR, NLP, or speaker diarization, together with precise data annotation processes. After achieving great results and keeping up with the top companies like Google or Amazon, our goal is to push automatic transcription even further by utilizing everything our industry offers. We still have many challenges to solve, like difficult accents, low-quality audio or improving the infrastructure around, which is exactly where you’ll start if you join us!
- Continuous and long-term improvement of our automatic transcription engine composed of various ASR, NLP, and speaker diarization models
- Ensuring low error rates and stable and optimized processes and infrastructure/monitoring around the models
- Effective communication of technical machine learning results in a business context where most people are not machine learning experts
- Become integrated with our full-stack engineering team to ensure seamless implementation of ML models to the production environment
- Promote excellence and best practices across the machine learning team in regard to research, implementation, tooling, and system design
- Coming up with new ML ideas outside of the automatic transcription scope, idea validation, and seeing it through implementation
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- At least 3 years of Experience in machine learning roles involving end-to-end ownership of projects
- ASR or NLP is an advantage, but not a must-have - we expect smart people to be able to learn as they go
- Advanced experience with Pytorch or other modeling toolkits
- Working experience with deep learning techniques
- Great software engineering skills
- Team spirit and independent problem-solving mindset
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
Referral Program. It’s no secret A players hire A players, and we expect everyone at Parrot to wear a hat in recruiting. In fact, we incentivize it with a generous referral bonus for each successful referral you make.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.