Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Zūm is the leader in student transportation and logistics. We are building the next generation of technology and services platform to bring student transportation into a new age while enabling equity, innovation, efficiency, and sustainability. We are a well-funded Series D company, backed by top global VC firms. We are actively growing and scaling our product and engineering teams.
We are looking to add a Data Scientist to our engineering team. As a Data Scientist in Zūm, you will own the project and use data to improve and automate a broad number of Zūm’s products. You will provide insights into performance via evaluation of the metrics and suggest next actions. You will drive improvements and efficiencies for the existing product experience by leveraging your modeling techniques and understanding of the products. You will own relationships with Product, Business, and Engineering partners.
What to expect in this role:
● Develop algorithms and suggest process that help automate Zūm’s products (seamless navigation for drivers, harmonious experience for parents/kids and smooth onboarding for the districts)
● Advising on analysis and optimization techniques, developing custom analytics models to generate insights that drive value for our products, and evaluating the model by deriving meaningful metrics
● Collaborating with our engineers to gather the right information from our various sources so that you can implement advanced analytics to optimize and improve efficiencies of various features
● Conduct ad hoc analysis and develop reports to identify trends and key drivers that inform important decisions in product, sales, marketing and operations
● Collaborate with functions (operations, marketing, finance) across the company to develop analytical solutions
Basic technical skills for this role:
● Advanced degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
● 4+ industry experience in quantitative analysis and data science related projects
● Advanced expertise in SQL
● Experience in Python, R or any scripting language
● Experience in defining metrics and leveraging data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our product
● Experience with some dashboarding/data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
Other skills required to succeed in this role:
● Strong technical experience and eagerness to establish good data analytics and engineering practices
● Good planning, organization, and decision-making skills
● Good communication with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
● Good sense of humor with a great ability to work with others
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA is: $180-220k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.