Founded in 2011, Fullscript supports 70,000 health practitioners across North America committed to delivering better patient care.
Fullscript provides the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Fullscript's online prescribing platform provides access to over 20,000 practitioner-grade products from over 300 brands, enabling practitioners to create fully personalized plans for their patients. With an unrelenting focus on quality and convenience, Fullscript delivers a patient experience that can't be found anywhere else.
Fullscript is a company where teammates embrace a growth mindset, have their talents celebrated, are given the tools to Grow Faster Than The Company, and are inspired to put their wellness at the forefront of their everyday lives. As a result, Fullscript has been consistently recognized for its culture and leadership. Check out our Culture Guide here.
We’re hiring a Lead Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data team. We are in a unique position to leverage our mission and wealth of data to help take integrative care to a level not previously possible. Leading Fullscript's first ML Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of integrative care by leveraging our mission and extensive data resources.
Working closely with our Data, Engineering, and Product teams, you will have the opportunity to bring our vision to life.
This position presents a unique opportunity where you will:
- Define the strategic direction for the utilization of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Fullscript.
- Collaborate with our Data and Engineering teams to establish and build the necessary ML infrastructure to support our goals.
- Work with leadership to help understand opportunities where AI/ML can be leveraged to solve problems for practitioners and patients.
- Drive tangible value for our practitioners and patients by developing the best integrative care platform, addressing challenges such as simplifying the practitioner workflow through treatment plan recommendations and providing personalized product recommendations based on individual needs and timing.
Join us in revolutionizing the field of integrative care through cutting-edge machine learning techniques and make a significant impact on the healthcare industry.
What you'll do:
- Partnering closely with Data and Engineering, you will help define and build Fullscript’s ML/AI strategy and infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex problems that will directly impact the success and growth of our organization as we strive to deliver innovative solutions powered by machine learning.
- Provide guidance and leadership in identifying and evaluating opportunities where machine learning and artificial intelligence can be leveraged to help practitioners deliver the best integrative care for their patients.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role, with a track record of successfully working cross functionally with Engineering, Data, Product, UX to bring ML solutions to production.
- Demonstrated ability to understand different business domains and provide guidance and leadership in identifying opportunities to apply machine learning to help solve problems.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, statistical models, and data mining techniques.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Familiarity with common machine learning tools and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with dbt (data build tool) or other data transformation tools (Spark)
- Experience working with Cloud Data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift and RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Large Language Models (GPT, Bard)
- Experience building recommender systems
What we can offer you:
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
- Half (Flex) Day Fridays
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program
- Stock Options
- Custom benefits package (medical, dental, vision) with HSA
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products for family & friends
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Employee Wellness Programs (including no meeting Wednesday)
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.