About the job
If you want to do the best work of your life, believe diversity is a strength, and be part of an inclusive team of people who care deeply, keep reading!
Robust AI is a fast-growing, early-stage startup founded in 2019 by an unsurpassed team of veterans in robotics, AI and business. We are a collaborative group with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives, seeking talented individuals who are just as excited about robotics and AI as we are! Help us redefine the very foundation of robotics and build robots that are smart, collaborative, robust, safe, flexible and genuinely autonomous.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to work on our robot behavior authoring and fleet management tools. The current authoring tools involve a visual editor for behavior trees that can connect to robots to upload the behavior to the engine and show live execution status. Additionally, there are tools for managing robots at the warehouse level. This job will require the ability to work in several codebases at once depending on product needs.
In your role you will:
- Develop interfaces for interacting with our robots at the individual and fleet level.
- Collaborate with the behavior engine team to expose new engine features through the authoring UI.
- Turn product requirements into usable interfaces.
- Gather usage information about the tool suite to determine what areas need investment.
- Communicate with internal teams about roadmap and upcoming changes.
- Refine our release and testing processes.
- Iterate on the connection between authoring tool and robot with the infra team to ensure we have a secure and scalable authentication solution.
- 2+ years industry web development experience
- Experience with modern web development frameworks (Such as Vue or React) and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud application deployment (such as AWS of GCP)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Desired experience (one or more):
- Behavior trees in any format (Robotics, Game Development, etc)
- Transport layers for robots and computer systems like ROS, GRPC, NATS
- Web authentication solutions
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, stock options and huge potential for growth
- Strong startup (and fun) culture
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible vacation and sick leave practices
- Paid parental leave
Robust AI fosters a culture of belonging and a shared commitment to equality and equity. Having a diverse set of perspectives is key to ensuring AI and robotics serve the needs of all.