Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
What you'll do:
- Ideate, design & build machine learning-based solutions to solve business use cases in Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, etc.
- Gather requirements from business teams, structure them into meaningful Data Science / Analytics projects and take end to end ownership of the project delivery
- Work closely with various business stakeholders and other Engineering teams to deliver production-grade deployable solutions
- Work across the spectrum of statistical modeling including supervised, unsupervised, & deep learning techniques to apply the right level of solution to the right problem.
- Work as a Data Science subject matter expert and manage a team of Data Scientists. Perform code reviews for Data Science projects to ensure a high deliverable quality
- Have good communication and presentation skills to present the data insights to the Business/Leadership teams
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field with 8-10 years of relevant work experience; demonstrable history of driving impactful data/ML projects
- Hands-on experience in developing and deploying machine learning solutions to production is mandatory
- Expert in different Machine Learning and Deep Learning modeling techniques (All types of Regressions, Tree based methods, Dimensionality Reduction, Clustering, Neural Networks, Recommendation Systems, Market Mix Modeling etc.)
- Experience in major machine learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Pandas, SparkML etc. and strong hands-on coding skills with working proficiency in Python, SQL and Linux/UNIX environments
- Prior experience in solving Data Science use cases like building Recommendation solutions, Propensity Models, Working on B2C customer data use cases, Segmentation and Personalization is highly desirable
- Prior experience of working on any MLOps framework/platform
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools like SQL, Excel/Google sheets (pivot tables), visualization tools like Tableau/Power BI/Looker
- You should also have a business mindset, swift to identify risk situations and opportunities and be able to generate creative solutions to business problems.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated statistical models/ reports to management and other IT development partners.
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.