WeRide is a smart mobility start-up whose mission is to transform mobility with autonomous driving. We are committed to build better transportation experience that’s safe, efficient, affordable and joyful. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and technologists who share the same passion and pursue continuous excellence in their work.
Silicon Valley team is looking for outstanding Software Engineers to lead our visual mapping and localization efforts. We're looking for an engineer with an advanced degree and experience building mapping and localization systems that work with real data in uncertain environments.
You will be responsible for:
Build state-of-the art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors, as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in realtime.
- 3 years of professional experience (industrial experience is a plus)
- Familiar with state of the art theory for visual SLAM and place recognition
- Highly skilled in probabilistic filtering theory, computer vision and inertial pose theory
- Fluent in C++. Python skills are a plus
- Proven track record in implementing computationally expensive algorithm in commodity hardware
- Prior experience in any of pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, nonlinear optimization
- Comfortable building in undefined and fast paced environments
- Experience in self driving technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems
- Knowledge of ROS
- Experience working in an automotive, aerospace environments
- Previous experience with robotic or vehicle systems
- Development experience with embedded systems with real-time constraints
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)
Salary Range: Your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $130,000 - $182,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
offers competitive salary depending on the experience. Employee benefits include:
Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Plan (No cost from employees or their families)
Free Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Paid vacations and holidays