Building data and AI-driven apps is still way too hard, even for advanced developers. At Spice AI, we’re helping developers combine code with data and machine learning (ML) to create truly data and AI-driven applications. Spice AI is on a mission to make this as easy as creating a modern web page.
There is no ecosystem more data-rich than web3 and blockchains. Ironically, while most blockchains are public and open, extracting data to power apps and ML is painfully difficult. Spice is making terabyte (and eventually petabyte) blockchain datasets and ML models accessible to developers, data scientists, data engineers, and AI/ML engineers.
At Spice AI, we're building a platform for the next generation of data and AI-driven applications, starting with web3. The platform includes Spice.xyz (data and AI infrastructure for web3) and Spice.ai OSS (time-series AI for developers).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement big data, distributed, blockchain, and machine learning systems using modern tech stacks in Golang and Python.
- Work with our founders to design the Spice.xyz technical roadmap and architecture to deliver lasting value to customers.
- Build high-performance and scalable architecture to meet the evolution and needs of a rapidly growing platform.
- Grow your career with a team of experienced engineers, using the latest technologies like Apache Arrow, to create the modern data and AI platform for blockchains.
This role may be a great fit if:
- You are passionate about and have a knack for building amazing developer experiences.
- You can take a customer focused product and make it accessible with technology.
- You are a creative problem solver and approach solutions from different angles, focusing on possibility, rather than limitations.
- When faced with ambiguity, you are a guiding north star and create clarity for the team.
- You are passionate about high performance and have high standards.
This experience would be ideal:
- 5+ years designing, implementing, and shipping production data and/or machine learning runtimes and distributed systems.
- Experience with real-time and batch big data sets and platforms, ideally 10-100+ TB.
- Solid understanding of modern data stacks, ideally in Spark, dbt, Dremio, Apache Iceberg and Arrow.
- Proficiency in Golang (Rust, C++, and Python experience are a bonus).
- A track record of good design, architectural, engineering and product decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your First 90 Days:
- Days 0-30: ramp up and contribute improvements to the Spice.xyz Data & AI Platform
- Days 31-60: co-build a major feature, like adding new chain support like Polygon
- Days 61-90: take technical and engineering ownership of a major initiative or area
About Spice AI
Founded in June 2021 by Microsoft and GitHub alumni Luke Kim and Phillip LeBlanc, Spice AI creates technology to help developers build intelligent apps that learn and adapt.
Before co-founding Spice AI, Luke was the co-creator of Azure Incubations in the Office of the Azure CTO, where he led cross-functional engineering teams to create and develop technologies like Dapr