We're Topaz Labs, an AI tech company that builds one-click image and video quality software with deep learning. Over 1M photographers and designers trust us with their work, including teams at Apple, Netflix, NASA, and more. We've processed over 1 billion images, achieved 1000% revenue growth in the last 4 years, and we're just getting started.
Rocketship growth and opportunity for impact ($3M → $35M revenue in four years). Over 1 million customers (including companies like Apple, NASA, Netflix) have used us for over 1 billion photos. Our tech has been covered by Fast Company, The Verge, Engadget, Mashable, BBC, and more. We're a world-class team that executes quickly, obsesses about the customer experience, promotes from within, and we're profitable with infinite runway.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, AI Performance, you would report to our Head of AI Engine, and use your expertise to take ownership of our internal AI Engine. Your responsibilities will be to increase app performance, stability, availability of new features and simplify and improve the API of the framework. You will be the technical bridge between our Deep Learning research team and our variety of Production products that rely on our models. You’ll support our research team by helping prepare new & updated models for production and helping with GPU/CPU optimization. You’ll also work with various hardware partners (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, Apple) to optimize inference on their hardware.
- Hands-on experience with performance optimization, e.g. concurrency, multithreading, memory, speed, benchmarking, reliability
- Experience architecting APIs for internal development
- Hands-on experience implementing image processing or computational photography algorithms
- Expert knowledge of C/C++
- At least 3+ years of professional working experience in a related field
- Experience with video encoding/decoding and file formats
- Experience with OpenCV, ffmpeg, GPU programming
- Experience with the raw image camera pipeline and image formats
- Experience with onnx, coreml, and tensorRT runtime SDKs
- Interest in photography or videography
Do you meet most but not 100% of the above? We’d still like to hear from you–we are passionate about developing a diverse team and culture, so please apply if you’re interested!
This is a unique role for someone interested in making a deep impact at a high-growth tech software company. We offer strong base salary, plus significant ownership that scales with the company's growth. We also offer 100% covered medical/dental/vision for employees, 15 days annual PTO plus holidays, and 401k matching. This is a full-time onsite role in Dallas, TX, and we will ask you to relocate if you're not in the area.