ThinkCyte is a startup company that developed a disruptive new technology named Ghost CytometryTM (GC) which combines high-speed imaging and machine learning to analyze and sort target cells based on morphological and imaging phenotypes in high-throughput mode by flow. The cutting-edge flow cytometry instruments integrating GC technology empower researchers and professionals to advance scientific discovery and improve healthcare outcomes.
Our US headquarters are located in the beautiful and vibrant Redwood City, CA. With our ideal location in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are surrounded by leading biopharma companies, prospective biotech startups, and world-class research institutions, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Applied Data Scientist to join our dynamic team and play a key role in the machine learning-based analysis and interpretation of data generated from our VisionSort product. You will communicate closely with our users to understand their needs, interpret the implications of the data, provide actionable insights to drive decision-making, and also collaborate closely with internal biological and data scientists. Your role involves a creative blend of biological understanding and technical expertise in machine learning (ML), focusing on the life sciences domain. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in data science and/or bioinformatics and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Perform comprehensive data analysis on the data generated from VisionSort and interpret biological and clinical needs into ML model requirements. Design and conduct studies to gather, train, and validate these models
- Develop and implement data analysis workflows and pipelines to streamline the processing and interpretation of large and complex datasets
- Present and communicate data analysis results to internal and external scientists in a clear, concise, and visually appealing manner
- Collaborate closely with users to understand their research needs and objectives, and translate the data into actionable insights
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science and bioinformatics and apply cutting-edge techniques to improve data analysis capabilities
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our data analysis methodologies and tools
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams in cell biology, bioinformatics, and product engineering to ensure the successful execution of data analysis
- PhD, or a Master's degree with at least 5 years of experience in a relevant scientific discipline, such as Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, or a related field
- Proven work experience in data analysis and/or bioinformatics
- Proficient in Python, with a good understanding of machine learning libraries and frameworks such as scikit-learn, Tensor Flow, and PyTorch
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience in software development is a plus
- Strong collaborative skills, along with excellent communication and presentation abilities
- A strong passion for problem-solving in life sciences and biology within a dynamic and innovative environment
ThinkCyte is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive team and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds.