Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $12 Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact-driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
This job is located at our test site in Pleasanton, with approximately 1 day a week at headquarters in Palo Alto. At our test site, we operate and develop machine equipment for autonomy and remote operation.
After taking appropriate training, the summer intern will be responsible for the following;
- First person on site in the morning to activate site. Unlock the gate, open the Conex and turn on all electronics
- Work with engineering and operations team to monitor and record testing of the construction equipment on site
- Light visual troubleshooting of equipment
- Administration of findings and bugs, including taking pictures and notations
- Timeline gas refills of the on site generator
- End of day close down of site. Turn off all electronics and lock up facilities
- Other upcoming duties as assigned
The intern is responsible that the test site is optimal for our engineering teams to focus on development and test. In this process the intern will be working with different teams in engineering and operations to learn about our product and solution. There will be ample opportunity to learn about the different engineering and operations disciplines while taking care of the core duties.
- 18 Years +
- College or alternate postsecondary education in process
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Interest in learning about business, technology, facilities or business
- Driver's license and able to arrange for own transportation
- Experience on construction sites or working with small Compact Track Loaders
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.