We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Technical Lead to join our mission: to feed the world through a productive, resilient and sustainable global food system!
With over 1/3 of all food produced globally going to waste and 25% of the world’s freshwater supply used to grow uneaten food, we are facing a global climate crisis.
This is your chance to be part of the solution!
We are developing a full stack AI operating system for the kitchens of tomorrow. We use a computer vision ecosystem in kitchens to analyse cooking processes and give actionable feedback to staff in real time to ensure better decision making.
You will be an early joiner of the team and will be exposed to an array of technical challenges whilst having the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders who have come from Babylon Health, Deliveroo and Thoughtworks!
The technology has already been deployed with global restaurant chains, helping to reduce food waste and refunds by 50%. Help us go even further!
You'll be responsible for developing a scalable and extendable product which is utilised with the pilots we have with global restaurant chains. You will drive a specific agenda in a self-powered environment with autonomy, along with other brilliant members of the team, all passionate to make an impact.
• Frame our clients’ challenges for the team to evaluate, suggest possible solutions and then help them deliver it in meaningful, measurable chunks
• Define procedure to implement, test and maintain machine learning methods through best practices and observability tools
• Discuss and guide the team on training, analysing and reporting model performance
• Define and evaluate tools for further automating research and analysis
• Push the boundaries of current methods by following and building upon the latest research in the context of object detection, classification and semantic segmentation, and propose new methods
• Experience with one or more Deep Learning Frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
• Solid hands-on software development skills in Python (NumPy, SciPy, OpenCV, scikit-learn) and familiarity with C++
• Solid theoretical understanding of machine learning and neural networks
• Experience in developing practical deep learning applications using detection architectures (Faster-RCNN, SSD, YOLO, EfficientDet)
• Experience with tooling around running, managing and reporting on experiments (Neptune, WandB, MLflow)
• Experience with delivering high-quality products based on industry-focused projects
There's no expectation for you to be proficient with all of these. At the heart of it, we're looking for talented Engineers from versatile backgrounds who are interested in learning new languages and tools.
• Competitive salary
• Strong equity
• Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
• Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
Want to be a part of our mission?
Then what are you waiting for, click apply and let’s see what you’ve got!