Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
Leveraged use of data is a critical component of Tackle’s mission to make digital software selling via Cloud Marketplaces the defacto standard of selling and buying software. As a part of Tackle's intelligence team, you will be a key member of a small fullstack team building features and products that use data and incorporate ML and AI to help our customers be wildly successful. As a Tackler you will be part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest, and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Developer experience at Tackle is rewarding; we work with modern toolchains and pipelines, where code is deployed to production multiple times per day. Working on a development team at Tackle, expect to grow and evolve as an engineer.
What You'll Do:
- Be a part of a small autonomous team with all the skills and tools needed to iteratively deliver value to our customers quickly and efficiently
- Manage ML infrastructure to streamline model development and deployment
- Build new and maintain/improve existing models
- Identify areas of opportunity using our data or new external sources
- Prototype and evaluate new solutions using cloud-based tools, and be involved in the build vs buy discussion
- Write code that is focused on scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues
- Welcome different perspectives - be open and inclusive in every interaction
You Should Have:
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and deploying successful software solutions powered by data science, machine learning, and analytics
- An innate curiosity and a drive to experiment and try new things
- A self-starter mentality and more ideas than time
- Experience working with large data sets in distributed systems such as snowflake or pyspark
- Strong expertise in programming languages such as Python, with proficiency in data manipulation and analysis libraries (e.g., Pandas, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- Proficiency in SQL and working with semi-structured or unstructured data from data lakes
- Experience in cloud-based deployment, and model lifecycle management for production-level models
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form
You'll Stand Out:
- Experience building products using LLMs, recommendations engines, or other cloud-based ML tools
- Have been a part of a formal data engineering or data science team that has scaled and provided value both internally and externally
- Semantic text mining or natural language processing experience
- Deep mathematical and statistical background
- Exposure to building data pipelines utilizing technologies and frameworks (Python, Go, Scala/Java)
- Have a love for data (structured, unstructured and semi-structured) and seek out solutions to make data visible and meaningful
- Documented ability to tell an amazing story from data
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
$172,000 - $210,000 a year
The salary information shown is a general guideline only. Any offer extended to a candidate will be based upon multiple factors including local currency, knowledge, skillset, experience and internal equity.
Great contributors can do great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match for our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives because they make us better, stronger, and healthier as a company and a community.
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.