SDG is a high-performance software community. We are a team of collaborative and creative consultants who build and deliver custom software for some of the most recognizable local and national brands. In this role, you will be asked to leverage your current skills while also learning new ones. Working in over 500 different technologies
and continually learning together, you can expect a one-of-a-kind and award-winning work experience. Our team at SDG has exceptional integrity and the desire to create the best possible customer solutions. We are proud to partner with our customers to consistently provide a successful working relationship as a high-performance team.
We are adding a Machine Learning Engineer to our team! This person will play a key role in designing, implementing, and deploying machine learning models to solve complex problems and enhance our customer’s products and services. You will be a part of a tight-knit technical community, giving you the opportunity to constantly grow your development amongst top technical talent. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and domain experts to drive the development and deployment of machine learning solutions. SDG is looking for a hard worker with a team-oriented mindset, that has at least 2 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of machine learning and cloud data tools. A successful Machine Learning Engineer at SDG is a lifelong learner who is motivated to continually improve their craft and thrives amongst their fellow employee-owners.
SDG’s Machine Learning Engineer’s have proven experience with the following responsibilities. If you do too, we want to hear from you:
- Design, implement, and optimize machine learning algorithms and models to address specific business challenges.
- Collaborate with data engineers to preprocess and transform raw data into a format suitable for machine learning models. Conduct feature engineering to extract relevant information for model training.
- Train, validate, and fine-tune machine learning models using state-of-the-art techniques. Evaluate model performance and iterate on models to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Deploy machine learning models into production environments and integrate them into existing systems. Collaborate with software engineers to ensure seamless integration with our products.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in machine learning and related fields. Proactively identify opportunities to enhance existing models and propose new approaches to solve business problems.
- 2+ years of hands-on machine learning development experience
- Experience delivering solutions in large scale enterprise environments
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure data tools and services
- Strong understanding of data processing, data engineering, and data visualization.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python and R
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Apache Spark
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to tackle complex problems and deliver robust machine learning solutions.
- Prior consulting or professional services experience is a bonus
- Education degree or certification in Computer Science, or the equivalent related work experience
What's in it for you?
- Full-time salaried consultant position
- A true stake in success. SDG is an ESOP - 100% employee owned
- Star Tribune Top Workplace winner the last 6 consecutive years
- National Top Workplace in 2022
- Engaged teammates who care about quality solutions
- Challenging and rewarding work with great customers
- Various opportunities to give back to the community
- Be amongst some of the best technologists in the industry
- Dedicated to our core values of superior customer service, exceptional employee experience, and responsible corporate citizenship
- Opportunities to connect with other SDGer’s via internal communities, committees, and events – virtually and in person
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.