OUR ORIGIN STORY 🎂
In 2011 SkySlope started as an idea born at the kitchen table of our CEO, with just him and two others. Headquartered in Sacramento, California, we have since grown out of our previous 3 offices and many of our close to 180 employees are spread all across the United States. Those 180 employees support close to 300,000 users across 5,000 offices nationwide and now in Canada as well. Included in that is 8 out of the 15 largest Real Estate Brokerages in the nation.
But, despite being happy with what we’ve achieved we know that as industry leaders in our space there’s a lot of work left to be done. All of the growth and success that has happened is a result of us obsessing over building cutting edge software that makes the Real Estate world a better place. We know this only happens by hiring people who don’t just come up with out of the box ideas but hiring people who actually see those ideas through and bring them to life. As we’ve grown, we’ve been fortunate enough to hire plenty of people who possess that quality and realize it’s equally important to hire people who can pair that skill with empathy, collaboration, and a keen sense of urgency. If you’re looking to join a company where you can have real impact and surround yourself with an incredible team of people then look no further.
SKYSLOPE’S CORE VALUES 💪🏻
These are the principles that helped us get to where we are and they are the principles that will guide us to where we want to go in the future. You can apply them to your professional life, your personal life, to any business and any situation. In no specific hierarchy, our core values are:
Awareness | Execution | Obsession | Ownership | Humility | Radical Candor | Urgency | Greatness | Inches
SkySlope is looking for an experienced, hands-on Software Engineer III - Machine Learning to join our team!
We're growing our artificial intelligence and machine learning team to create smarter products, automate processes, and enhance user experience. We plan to save our agents time and increase their productivity by intelligently managing real estate documents and transaction workflows.
As the Software Engineer III - Machine Learning, you will consult on projects across teams bringing new innovations and apply machine learning techniques to a variety of business problems. Using natural language processing and computer vision, you will help support our newly released automatic split & assign system which splits, classifies, and organizes business documents all in real-time. Using anomaly detection and prediction, you will identify when transaction timelines are at risk. You will also create automation to speed or eliminate data input via OCR and named entity recognition.
Sound intriguing? Keep reading on.
What you'll be doing:
- Write code to productionize our ML models, taking them from the prototype stage to robust scalable services
- Engage in systems design conversations with our data scientists and engineering partners, helping them design and create scalable and robust systems
- Contributing to a small team while helping to establish standard methodologies for machine learning engineers
- Working with our existing Machine Learning team to maintain and improve our engineering infrastructure
- Promote and foster an inclusive, transparent, and cooperative culture
- Collaborating with team members and other departments
- Contributing to technology decisions and sprint deliverables
- Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
As our next Software Engineer III - Machine Learning, you’ll have back end/API services proficiency and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Additionally, you’ll bring the following:
- You have been part of a team that has successfully integrated high-throughput machine learning services (ideally written in python) into a broader microservices architecture
- Experience working with continuous integration/continuous delivery/continuous training pipelines for machine learning models
- Experience with NLP, computer vision, or other document processing methods
- Familiarity with Python ML ecosystem (numpy, pandas, sklearn, XGBoost)
- A level of comfort with software engineering tools and standard methodologies, e.g. git, unit testing, object-oriented design, containerization, code reviews, design documentation
- Some experience deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting ML solutions (e.g. prediction services & training pipelines, and also queues/streams) in a public cloud (we use AWS)Knowledge of NoSQL (Mongo), SQL (MS-SQL, MySQL), and familiarity with cloud data warehouses
- Experience deploying models to production, including closing the loop by piping production user data back into the model training process
While not required, you’ll stand out if you also have expertise in any of the following:
- PDF OCR and text extraction for the identification of key data
- API experience
- DevOps skills (Kubernetes/Docker/Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of Real Estate terminology and concepts
$120,000 - $172,000 a year
Perks & PTO 🌴
- $1000 referral bonuses
- 15 PTO days per year
- 16 paid holidays per year (5 floating to be used at any time)
- Paid day off on your birthday
- 5 Days Paid Bereavement Leave
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
Insurance Offerings 👩⚕️
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
Retirement and Investment 💸
- 401k + match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan opportunities
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our open positions and hope you'll take the time to submit a concise and thoughtful application.
Still thinking about applying? Waiting to hear back from us? Check out our social media in the meantime!
Your privacy is important to us. Learn more about what data is collected and how we use it here.