SafeAI sees the future of heavy industry with off-road autonomous vehicles reshaping industries like construction and mining. We are pioneering a new approach to autonomous off-road equipment with AI-powered, vehicle and manufacturer agnostic technology that enables heavy industry operations to retrofit any piece of equipment with autonomous technology. Since 2017, we’ve been steadily establishing a foundation for the future, targeting the most important, heavily used off-road vehicles and industry segments to drive meaningful impacts across safety, productivity and cost reduction. We are now entering an era of massive industry adoption and are excited to be a commanding force in accelerating this movement to transform heavy industry with connected autonomy.
About the Team
As a fast paced, high growth company serving a very important mission, our amazing and talented team is a huge part of bringing this mission to reality. The work that you do at SafeAI will give you a unique perspective on developing and deploying leading edge autonomous technology and solutions, while working with top tier participants in the industry, and across the globe. The leadership team at SafeAI brings a unique blend of autonomous technology and industry specific experience from some of the top companies in the world, such as Google, Apple, Tesla, Continental, Uber, Caterpillar, BHP and Rio Tinto. We are strategically headquartered in Silicon Valley, with team members and office locations established in Perth, Australia, Tokyo, Japan and New Delhi, India that you would collaborate with on a regular basis.
SafeAI is seeking a highly capable lead software engineer to develop and maintain computer vision and machine learning perception software for execution of complex construction and mining operations.
· Lead projects involving designing, prototyping and implementing robust algorithms for perception problems involving the key areas of deep learning for object detection, classification, tracking, sensor fusion, and temporal modeling
· Lead and grow a team of world-class engineers
· Manage cross team collaboration with planning, controls, mapping, etc.
· Develop technology roadmaps and own strategic vision for perception
· Deliver production quality code and own your algorithms from design to production
· Architect and deliver the entire perception stack including object detection, classification, sensor fusion, tracking, and scene understanding.
· Supervise the data collection, annotation and modeling team to deliver neural networks that work reliably with real world sensors in complex environments
· Deploy and test code on mining and construction equipment
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related field
· 5+ years of experience in software development
· Good leadership and mentoring skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Strong programming skills with C/C++ (C++11 and beyond), with demonstrated delivery of robust, well-tested C++ software
· Proven expertise and deep understanding of linear algebra, probabilistic techniques, graphical algorithms and optimization problems
· Proven expertise in classical computer vision techniques
· Proven expertise in perception related topics in one or more areas, such as: object detection, classification, segmentation, tracking, multi-view geometry and sensor fusion
· Proven expertise in deep-learning frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
· Hands-on experience in robotic and/or vehicle system design and implementation
· Hands-on experience in deploying machine learning algorithms in real hardware
· Knowledge of a broad range of perception sensors (Lidar, Radar, etc.)
· Experience as a technical or team lead, passionate about leading and building strong technical team
· Broader knowledge of the autonomy stack (Perception, Mapping, Localization, etc.)
· Experience with C++ 14 and 17
· Experience with ROS/ROS2
· Experience handling large data sets
· Experience with numerical libraries like Eigen or Numpy
· Experience with optimization tools like Ceres, Gurobi, etc
· Experience of leading projects in the autonomous driving industry
· Experience with automatic sensor calibration
· Knowledge of GPU architectures
· Knowledge of cutting edge deep neural network techniques (i.e. multi-task, etc.)
· Past peer reviewed publications in major conference in a related field
· Experience working on Linux platform
· Track record of shipping Robotics software product
· Experience with developing safety critical reliability systems
· Familiarity with MISRA standard
The base salary range for this position is $160K - $230K per year. SafeAI’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
In addition to a very competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer a fantastic culture and place to work within an established start-up environment. We provide plenty of snacks, grab & go meals and drinks to get you through the day, and we celebrate our accomplishments with off-sites gatherings and frequent happy hours. As an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO, we do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
· Competitive compensation package, including stock options
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
· 401(k) plan
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
· Flexible vacation policy
· Free access to onsite Fitness Center
· Learning and development programs
· Employee assistance program
· Adoption assistance program
· Community snacks, meals & beverages
We hope that you’re a great candidate for this position and look forward to speaking with you!