Our teams make and deliver products that keep airplanes in the sky, help first responders save lives, and allow farmers to feed a growing population, with clients who span from Fortune 100 to scale-up companies. Founded in 1988, SEP is one of Indiana’s largest software product development and design companies.
The designer in this role embeds themselves into a client team, bringing their skills of human-centered design and complex problem-solving to help our clients build a wide variety of platforms ranging from complex data-heavy tooling to consumer-driven mobile apps.
You might be our new Product Designer if:
- You enjoy the challenge of complex software design experience and have the work experience to prove it.
- You thrive on finding the best path forward that solves both business objectives and user needs.
- Your passion for design shows up in the conversation, and you have the professional know-how to bring client product visions to life.
- You geek out when your project work overlaps with those of different technical backgrounds, giving you the opportunity to learn, adapt, collaborate, and coach as a member of your product team.
- You are willing to do the daily commute throughout the entire work week to our headquarters at 16080 Westfield Blvd, Carmel, IN 46033.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads design strategies and executes with an iterative mindset within their cross-functional product team and clients to create and refine digital product experiences
- Is decisive when balancing many different inputs to make the best decision for client and project outcomes
- Possesses a high level of comfort working with developers - we don't expect you to code but want you to know what code can do.
- Works end-to-end in the product development process on a client team - from generative research and discovery, flows and diagrams to prototyping and evaluative testing, to pairing with other designers and collaborating with engineers
- Participates and/or facilitates discovery sessions Plans, coordinates, implements, and synthesizes generative and evaluative research
- Crafts design artifacts to align teams around the broader user experience (conceptual designs/modeling, user flows, systems design, information architecture, and prototypes)Helps our team, client, and SEP continually get better
- Contributes to the growth of design at SEP through blogging and knowledge sharing.
- Occasionally travels within Indiana and surrounding states to work onsite with clients or conduct research on products
- 6+ years of professional design experience focusing on complex software problems
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable major
- Proven experience in working with tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe CS
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team in an agile environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of project types
- Some coding or programming experience
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (web, mobile, desktop, IoT devices, etc.)
- Free time off (FTO)
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- 11 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance401(k) and ESOP retirement programs
- Project variety
- Professional development reimbursements
- Fitness classes and on-site gym
Founded in 1988, SEP is one of Indiana’s largest product development firms with 150 employees. Our clients span from Fortune 100 to scale-up companies. Whatever the industry, we’re in our happy place when we’re tackling what really matters to the world.
The variety in our work allows our makers to experience new industries, innovations and ways to collaborate. The work environment at SEP is like none other. If you want to learn something new, find a partner and get tinkering! If you're stuck on an experience issue, raise the design bat signal. We've got you. If you need a mental break, talk a walk or grab a bike to think it through. If you need to step away from a screen, grab a box of LEGOs and think through the problem in a different way.
If you are ready to make impactful products with us - reach out - take a look. We want to show (and tell!) you what SEP has to offer, because words can only do so much. If you’re curious, confident, and wired for high stakes, SEP could be for you.
We are an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, performance, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.