SEB is a leading northern European financial services group with customer bases among both private individuals and organisations. We are consistently recognized for our expertise and customer-centric approach, which we achieve by listening to our customers, committing to quality and trust, and encouraging an entrepreneurial mindset in everything we do.
The recently established Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) function will further accelerate SEBs deployment of advanced financial crime prevention capabilities to continuously meet regulatory expectations and to become a leader in fighting financial crime.
Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) function encompasses the areas of Fraud Prevention, AML transaction monitoring, sanctions and customer screening. It is evident that fighting financial crime need to have an intelligence-led and data-driven approach where advanced data and analytics techniques will be core components of our FCP effort.
As such we are establishing an Advanced Analytics department within FCP to grow these capabilities and we are now looking for a technical lead to build out our graph analytics capabilities. You will work together with the data science and data visualization team as well as IT to integrate graph analytics into new and existing processes.
About the job
The FCP function is one of the largest consumers of data within SEB including customer, transaction, and product data, and where good data management is critical. Combining statistics, reports, exploring data and being able to visualize results are becoming increasingly important
As a Lead Data Scientist you will work on how graph analytics and graph data science can be used for generating models or red flag indicators as well as how it can be used as part of financial crime investigations.
Who are you?
We believe a successful candidate will be able to lead through technical excellence and strong leadership skills.
Maybe you have a background from data science.
You have robust understanding or interest in learning about AML monitoring processes, IT systems risk management, information/data management and regulatory compliance.
Additionally, you are delivery-oriented and enjoy working with others.
- Fluency in English
- MSc or PhD in quantitative topics such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or quantitative finance/economics
- Experience in network analytics and graph machine learning algorithms and infrastructure is a must (E.g. neo4j, tigergraph, Palantir or Quantexa).
- Experience working as a lead data scientist supporting in creating a vision and a roadmap for graph machine learning.
- Knowledge of development and innovation methods (Agile, Design thinking etc.)
- Good programming skills in python, spark, complex SQL queries to analyse data
- Prior experience of working in a cloud based enviornment such as GCP
- Good knowledge of modern cloud-based software components for big data analysis and MLops is a plus (E.g. MLflow, sagemaker or vertex.ai).
- Advantage to have knowledge of AML and/or regulatory compliance
- Strong interest in financial crime prevention
- A curious and exploratory mindset and an inclusive approach
- The ability to communicate effectively and collaborate well with other people
- Track record of going from idea to final product.
What we offer
SEB offers an attractive and international environment where we strive to adapt to agile and modern ways of working. You will work side by side with experienced colleagues from different parts of the organization and get the chance to build strong network internally as well as externally.
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected, and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe and where they come from.
SEB promotes a flexible and healthy work culture. We recognize that the wellbeing of our colleagues is closely related to our ability to have fun and perform together.
Our benefits include health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, individual pension fund, sports package, trainings as well as top-notch office and great coffee
Attach your CV and a personal letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to the Financial Crime Prevention unit. Candidates will be reviewed and selected on an ongoing basis, and you are welcome to submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than August 31st 2023.
At SEB, we have always believed that the future depends on turning great ideas into reality. Ever since we welcomed our first customer in 1856, we have been a catalyst for positive change by providing responsible advice and capital to people with ideas for the future. Grounded in our long history and strong heritage, we want to create long-term value for all our stakeholders by being curious about what the future holds. We have a strong ambition to accelerate the pace towards a sustainable future for people, businesses, and society. Our skilled and dedicated employees stand by our customers in good times and bad and offer financial products and services that meet their ever-changing needs – both in our home markets in northern Europe and through our international network around the world.