At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including our flagship Angry Birds! Our mission is to “craft joy” with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including machine learning. Powered by Beacon , Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineering (MLE) Intern to join our Data & ML Engineering group. As an MLE Intern, you will work on applying ML as part of one impactful project during your internship duration.
You will be joining the team for 6 months and this is a paid internship with a monthly salary of 2300€.
You will have impact and fun at work by:
- Understanding the project’s business problem and proposing technical solutions.
- Conducting exploratory data analysis to familiarise yourself with the relevant data sources.
- Creating datasets and training machine learning models with them.
- Evaluating different machine learning models and identifying the most suitable ones.
- Regularly sharing the results with stakeholders for feedback.
- Collaborating with fellow engineers and stakeholders to seamlessly integrate your solution into existing systems and workflows.
Experiences and skills we are looking for:
- You are currently pursuing a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- You have a passion for Python programming, and you are excited to bring your skills to our dynamic projects.
- You can write SQL effectively and we are eager to see you put your database skills to use.
- You have previous experiences in some ML projects.
- You are able to effectively communicate with stakeholders and fellow engineers in a collaborative environment.
Would you like to jump on a journey with us?
- First stop: You’ll be meeting our Talent Acquisition Partner. We’re curious to hear more about your background, interests, general experiences and to understand your expectations better. We’ll also be happy to share you more about Rovio, the team and the position.
- Second stop: We will send you a compelling take-home test tailored to the world of Machine Learning Engineering.
- Last stop: You’ll be meeting your future internship buddy and supervisor. We’ll discuss your test and also dive deeper into your skills and background.
We are looking to fill this position quickly and may close the job advertisement as soon as we move to the interview stage of the process. If you would like to take this adventure, apply for the job now through our job portal!
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.