's mission is to eliminate AI Risk. As the world increasingly adopts AI into automated decision processes, we inherit great risk.
Our flagship product is built to be integrated with existing AI systems to enumerate and eliminate risks caused by unintentional and intentional (adversarial) failure modes. With Generative AI becoming increasingly popular, new vulnerabilities and attacks present a significant threat to AI companies and their consumers. Our Generative AI Firewall provides a safety net against these failure modes.
At Robust Intelligence, we have built a multidisciplinary team of ML Engineers, AI security experts, and software engineers to advance the state of AI security. Together, we're building the future of secure, trustworthy AI.
About The Role
As an AI Security Engineer, you will build novel solutions to protect AI against new and existing vulnerabilities. You have a software engineering or security engineering background and have a tenacious “build it” mentality, using whatever tools are at your disposal to detect and mitigate threats against AI, including traditional security controls, novel algorithms, and ML models. You are comfortable working with a cross-functional team of researchers, engineers, and AI experts to design, develop, and deploy best-in-class solutions.
As an AI Security Engineer you will
- Be hands-on and develop detections for AI vulnerabilities and attacks, e.g. Prompt Injection, poisoning, PII extraction, DoS attacks etc…
- Use traditional security tooling to detect common attacks patterns
- Instrument automated red-teaming tooling to uncover threats, to gather context, collect data and conduct gap analysis.
- Use analysis for feature discovery and prioritization to influence product roadmap
- Closely collaborate with researchers and ML engineers to help build enduring generalized solutions using SoTA AI techniques.
What we look for:
- Strong Software Engineer with a passion for AI/Security, with a 0-4 years experience building enterprise software.
- Hands-on experience with AI technologies and/or information security.
- Strong programming skills in generic programming languages such as Python or Golang.
- Experience in applying AI technology to security domain is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Technologies we use:
- Python and specifically numpy, pandas
- ML frameworks like pytorch, tensorflow, fastai, xgboost, catboost, lightgbm, sklearn etc
- GRPC for integrating with our platform
- Bonus: Golang
$160,000 - $220,000 a year
Base Salary plus Equity
Robust intelligence (RI) is a people-first company. We offer an array of perks and benefits that ensures our employees’ health and well-being. With RI’s in-office company culture, we offer our employees free daily lunches and dinners (if you are working late), free snacks and beverages, commuter benefits, and an office gym.
Our leaders recognize that all of our employees are humans first. Employees at the company are parents, pet owners, siblings, and a long list more. Hence, RI ensures that employees have the benefits and resources needed to spend time with their families and live a fulfilling life outside of work. Benefits include a flexible time off policy, paid parental/family leave, child care allowance, 401(k) retirement plan, and market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents. We also have an education reimbursement program for individual learning.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to significantly contribute to shaping AI's future. This opportunity is a collaborative effort between impossibly talented individuals who share a passion for this mission. Our biggest asset is inclusion, as building a diverse community is the key to succeeding in our mission. In addition to the goal and environment we offer:
- Competitive salary and company ownership through equity
- Market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and Paid Parental/Family Leave
- Education reimbursement program for Individual Learning
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Immigration sponsorship - H1B and Green Card
- Company lunches, dinners, and kitchens stocked with snacks and drinks
- On-site gym and wellness program