Prodigy Education, a global leader in game-based learning, is on a mission to make every student in the world love learning. We believe learning should be as fun as playing a video game. This is central to our educational philosophy, because when you love what you do, you do it better. Visit www.prodigygame.com
to learn more.
With Prodigy, kids practice standards-aligned skills in Math and English as they play our fun, adaptive learning games. All with teacher and parent tools to support their learning in class and at home.
As a Data Scientist II on our team, you will be a key player in powering insights and enhancing business decisions in our customer journey. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and other data professionals to leverage data and analytics to drive decision-making and improve our customer experience. This role offers an unique opportunity to blend your passion for driving business decisions with your expertise in data science.
- Proficiently manage multiple requests by establishing priority and discerning importance among incoming inquiries.
- Leverage domain expertise to proactively engage with stakeholders, facilitating the prioritization of tasks that have the most significant potential to enhance the customer experience.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to the development of our core Data Foundations.
- Collaboration with stakeholders is key to gaining a deep understanding of their requirements and delivering data-driven solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers and fellow data scientists to collect and construct data models from diverse sources for impactful analysis.
- Engage in cross-collaboration with various programs in different domains, such as Game and Teachers, to undertake joint projects and deliver valuable insights.
- Possess familiarity with data modeling, analytical techniques, and relevant technologies in their field to advance program objectives in addressing defined challenges.
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of statistics and machine learning, with a broad knowledge base rather than specific specialization.
- 2+ years of proven data analysis in a similar field and working with a data pipeline from end to end. Bonus points for a background in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Proven experience working as a Data Scientist and driving outcomes within a specific domain.
- Strong proficiency in data analysis and data modeling using tools such as SQL, Python, or similar. Bonus points for working with DBT.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- A passion for education-based learning games and a deep understanding of business KPI’s and how it relates to customer behaviour.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects from conception to completion.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP) is a plus.
- SQL and Python
- Tooling: Databricks, DBT, and Snowflake
- Distributed computing and architecture (Spark, Snowflake)
- BI platforms: (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com
to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
- #LI-Remote, #LI-SM1
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.