Online identity is the foundation of how more and more businesses operate in a world where consumer behavior, privacy, and what constitutes an individual are constantly changing. We’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes manage their customers, prevent fraud, and keep personal information protected.
About the role
We are looking for passionate software engineers who are excited to build the identity layer for the internet. As a software engineer at Persona, you will be responsible for building features for our customers to enable them to configure their tailored identity verification solution easily and monitor, review, and decisions off of identity information. You will help empower organizations so that developers, analysts, product managers, and fraud and risk operators will all thrive using the Persona platform.
What you'll achieve
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within the engineering and product team
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and well-written documentation
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customer success managers, and sales and growth collaborators to build great experiences to delight our customers and our customers’ customers
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- Develop simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- You will work in a solution stack that extends all the way from complex back-end data through web services to highly usable web-based user interfaces
- You will be able to directly shape system design, development methodologies, and implementation technologies
What you'll bring to Persona
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Software development in one or more of the general-purpose programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, etc
- Desire and ability to write production-quality code
- Proficiency in backend or full-stack development
- Fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
- Experience in working in high energy small startup environments
- Knowledge of and expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
- Strong problem-solving skills
Compensation & Equity
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $130,000 - $200,000. Base salaries are just one component of the total compensation package and are determined by a number of factors such as years of experience, expertise, qualifications and more. In addition to base salary, we offer competitive equity packages that play a big part in recognizing you for the huge impact you will have on helping us achieve our mission. Please note, the salary range is a guideline that is subject to change without notice.
Benefits and Perks
Persona offers a wide-range of thoughtful and inclusive benefits for this role, including medical, dental, and vision, 3% 401(k) contribution, unlimited PTO, monthly mental health days, family planning benefits, professional development stipends, wellness benefits, unlimited paid time off, among others.
While we believe competitive compensation and benefits are a critical aspect of you deciding to join us, we do hope you consider why our core values and culture are right for you. If you’d like to better understand what it’s like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEIB Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.