Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own projects end-to-end, right from formulating the problem, through developing a solution, monitoring and maintaining solution performance.
- Communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage on data assets for the organisation.
- Develop data products centered on machine learning / artificial intelligence to support business and operational needs, impacting growth.
- Work with engineering and product teams to drive productionisation of data products creating value to our stakeholders.
- Accelerate growth of our research arm, to build a world-class data organisation focused on rapid experimentation and discovery.
- Mentor and coach junior data scientists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- 5 years of working experience working in data science capacity within a fast-paced and complex business setting.
- Proficiency in data analysis language (Python / R) and strong in fundamentals of machine learning libraries.
- Deep knowledge in statistics, probability and foundational machine learning.
- Strong communication skills in writing and presentation.
- While we use SQL, Python (and their libraries) in our daily work, we welcome new ideas from you to further develop our toolset.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js
, Python, FastAPI
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell/Debezium, PySpark, TiCDC
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application
(the “Notice”) and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by Ninja Logistics Pte Ltd (the “Company”) for the purposes set out in the Notice. In the event that your job application or personal data was received from any third party pursuant to the purposes set out in the Notice, you warrant that such third party has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for the purposes set out in the the Notice.