Who are we?
At Leadership Connect, we believe that relationships are everything in business and in life. Founded by two former CEOs of S&P 500 companies and a former presidential press secretary, our premier information service is built for developing relationships that impact decisions in government, business, and media. Utilizing deep research expertise and cutting-edge technology, we help our clients win business and influence policy across various specialties and verticals. We are a close-knit team dedicated to helping each of our users make a difference.
About the Role
In this role, the Director, Data Services will play a leadership role in shaping and executing our data strategy, architecture, and engineering approach, driving innovative data science practices across the Data Services organization. This individual will be responsible for leading and growing a team of talented data engineers, data scientists, and data analysts, to extract valuable insights from complex datasets, structured and unstructured. This Director will develop and manage the cross-section between product-driven initiatives and the infrastructure architecture for data collection, enrichment, automation, and analysis. This role will have direct reports and team members spread across multiple locations and time zones and report to the Vice President of Data Science. This individual will be joining a collaborative and inclusive work environment that values creativity and continuous learning and creates professional development opportunities to stay ahead in the rapidly evolving data landscape.
This role is ideal for dreamers and problem solvers, with a passion for empowering our customers with solutions that drive sales enablement, greatly improving the collaboration between our customers and the people who are mission-critical to their organization. We embrace the mindset of continuous learning and if you’re passionate about data collection, analysis, and research we want to hear from you!
Core Functions of the Role:
- Build and lead a high-performing and growing team of data engineers, data scientists, and analysts to drive automation efforts and enhance data infrastructure for efficient and high-quality data collection, enrichment, transformation, and storage
- Develop and implement a forward-looking data strategy that aligns with the Data Science Team goals, DevSecOps frameworks, and stimulates innovation
- Lead the architecture development for data integration and ETL frameworks
- Lead teams to collect, process, and analyze data, employing advanced techniques such as generative AI, predictive modeling, machine learning, and segmentation to optimize strategies
- Be an important stakeholder in the Data Governance function
- Foster collaboration between Data Science, Product, Software Development, and business stakeholders to support Product-driven data initiatives
- Lead efforts to investigate and integrate diverse (public and third-party) structured and unstructured data sources, ensuring seamless data flow, comprehensive taxonomies, and accessibility
- Partner to establish data governance frameworks, standards, and policies to ensure data quality and compliance with international data privacy laws
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, approaches, and tools that enhance Data Science Team’s capabilities
- Develop and oversee the development of comprehensive documentation for data architecture solutions and best practices
- Provide regular reporting and actionable insights to the VP of Data Science and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or related field (Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.) or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience leading data service functions, specifically data engineering, data architecture, data analysis, and managing the life cycle of a data pipeline
- Experience serving as a Data Architect or similar, with a strong track record of successful data strategy development and implementation
- Data Engineering experience with hands-on exposure to building data pipelines
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in a Cloud-based data strategy and transformation, Cloud architecture and engineering
- Experience with AWS services, Postgres, data pipeline automation solutions, ETL/ELT, Python, OpenAI, ElasticSearch, and API development
- Experience with tools/platforms like AWS, Mulesoft, Informatica ETL, Redshift, Glue, Apache Spark, Python, R, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Neo4j, Tableau, Dataiku etc.[PD2] [PD3]
- Experience building and leading enterprise teams to develop end-to-end ML/AL/ETL solutions and applications at large scale in the Cloud
- Experience in researching and acquiring open-source information
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, provide technical guidance, and inspire collaboration
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the U.S. public sector is not required but highly preferred
- Knowledge of international data privacy laws is a plus (ex: GDPR, CCPA)
- Data Modeling and Data Governance experience is a plus
$130,000 - $150,000 a year
To attract and engage high-level professionals, it is crucial to showcase our expertise, experience, and commitment to fostering valuable connections. We understand the importance of transparency when it comes to salary matters. Our research and analysis of the Quebec market serve as the foundation for determining appropriate salary ranges. However, we also recognize that factors like location, experience, skills alignment, and other compensation considerations may influence these ranges. At Leadership Connect, we place a strong emphasis on open communication and adaptability to ensure fair and competitive compensation. We invite talented individuals to join our team and help us create a workforce that is motivated and empowered to achieve new levels of success.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
We foster an environment that encourages all our team members to excel by offering competitive compensation for top talent. We believe in creating a friendly and enjoyable workplace, with regular team-building events, happy hours, and more. Transparency is key within our company, and we hold monthly town halls led by our CEO to address questions regarding business plans, product direction, and company goals. In addition, we provide flexible PTO policies to ensure you can enjoy your time outside the office and focus on your personal life.
Are you ready to join our dynamic team and build meaningful relationships that make a difference? Apply today!
If you’re excited about this role but don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we still want to hear from you!
Leadership Connect is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to Leadership Connect we focus on evaluation based on key competencies needed for success in the position. We look forward to receiving your application!
Leadership Connect is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.