Join us to work on the future of work: your next adventure awaits!
As the Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. You will oversee multiple projects focused on optimization, Machine Learning, and Generative AI, and manage a group of 8-10 people.
- The Data Team builds and manages the services that run our AI models and our data storage. We work in partnership with different Product teams, usually by providing API with solutions that can improve the quality and efficiency of the product. A few examples of projects are:
- Work on the Worker Quality Score model of our users and clients, using the various different types of data sources we have to be a fair model that can estimate the performance and the engagement of the users with that specific client environment.
- Work on the Candidate Quality prediction, forecasting what kind of performance these new candidates (people that never worked with us) will have for a specific job position.
- Work on the Matching Algorithm, improving the ranking model that combines multiple algorithms to match the best workers and candidates to a given job position, and the invitation logic that is deciding how many workers we should invite in a given period of time.
- Work on the ML Lifecycle (collaborative exploration, continuous model training, deployment, model serving, features store, monitoring, etc.)
- .Work on generative AI models that can automate different tasks from the clients' vacancy requests creation to the workers’ customer support use cases.
- Technical degree in Engineering or a Quantitative field, a Ph.D. is a plus.
- Preferred a mix of experience in both startup and big enterprise environments
- Proven ability to supervise multiple projects, ensuring they are working toward clear and measurable objectives.
- Lead and mentor a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers, providing guidance and support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Product and Data Product Managers) to understand business requirements and translate them into data science solutions.
- Good programming skills with Python and SQL, being hands-on in advanced Data Analysis.
- Obsess with the development of best practices, standards, and guidelines for data science methodologies and workflows (PR/code review, documentation, monitoring, data quality observability, etc.).
- Experience Apache Airflow and Spark
- A plus – experience with ML libraries such as XGBoost, TensorFlow, Or-Tools.
- Fluent in English is a must, able to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- Willingness to be on-call if needed (the on-call weeks are paid on top of the salary).
We are Jobandtalent, a world-leading platform for essential workers, matching great people with great companies directly through our app. Founded in Spain in 2009, we’re reshaping temporary work by tearing down the barriers to job searching and hiring, and harnessing the power of technology and data. We connect workers with back-to-back job opportunities through our platform, providing them with the stability and perks of full-time employment and helping them to feel valued, respected and integral in their roles. Having put simplicity and fairness at the core of the business model, we placed more than 340,000 workers in over 2,500 companies across a variety of industries including logistics and retail last year.
Headquartered in sunny Madrid, but home to the world, we are a remote-first company operating in 11 countries across Europe, the U.S. and Latin America. While we’re distributed globally, we’re united in our mission: to empower the people that make our world go round. We need a passionate team to revolutionize the employment market with us.
What we offer:
Be challenged: Make an impact through extreme ownership and develop your career while working alongside an international, diverse and multidisciplinary team. We’re driven by our mission to empower the people that make our world go round and you can play an integral role in this transformation.
Be rewarded: With financial recognition ingrained into our company philosophy, we offer our employees competitive salaries and benefits. Our Talent Acquisition team is happy to elaborate on the specific benefits for your region.
Be supported: We believe there’s no better way to grow than by doing, and at Jobandtalent you’ll have the chance to grow with us at rocket speed. As a remote-first company, we’ll support you in working from wherever you thrive.
At Jobandtalent we value diversity and strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and look forward to your application.