🧐 What is the concept at high level?
What if we could change the food retail environment to make distribution easier for fresh food businesses?
The ambition for this venture is to be:
A new retail channel for food producers and brands capturing real-time insights
Streamlining access into automated-retail as a distribution channel by broking between site locations, food producers and consumers
A simple way for employers or organisations to subsidise healthy food for their teams
24/7 access to an extensive range of fresh and healthy food brands for consumers
A distributed network with a national footprint in high traffic locations
Boosted through promotions, loyalty and rewards capabilities
A fully managed service, delivering tech, maintenance and stock to locations
⏰ Why now?
The new normal after lockdown has created new opportunities. More gig workers eating on the go, WFH making canteens obsolete, entrepreneurs spinning up food businesses looking to scale - Covid has changed how, where and when people eat. With this venture we can connect the dots to succeed in a new food environment.
Many reasons to believe in the timing of the opportunity:
Fresh food intelligent vending machines & smart fridges are operating successfully at scale in other markets
Employers seeking alternatives to a canteen with the increase in WFH
More food suppliers resulting from people spinning up new independent brands looking for new channels to reach customers
Food brands increasingly interested in this space as rents and wages increase
🍏 The Impact
This concept has the potential to shift the balance of food availability, with the potential to impact a broad cross section of society by providing better access to convenient, affordable, fresh food instead of unhealthy snacks.
💪 We are looking for a Data Scientist who will:
- Bring an extensive knowledge of data science, forecasting and expert Python skills to the table
- Help build our customer-facing platform and B2B data product in a user-centric way
- Have a strong product, as well as a technical, mindset to get stuck in with iterative building and learning
- Be a communicative team player that can contribute to the development of our product and provide new ideas
- Be able to ramp up quickly, building our platform’s foundations
- Work quickly, and adaptively without fear of venturing into the unknown, to push innovation boundaries
- Understand data privacy and security concerns, and embed them into the data science practice
- Be motivated by the mission, A Healthy Life
- Bring no ego, and be excited about working for an energetic, innovative startup
✅ We’ll look to assess on:
- Advanced Python coding skills and best practices
- Machine Learning and AI Techniques, specifically in time series forecasting, propensity models and optimisation
- Maths and Statistics applied to real-world problems
- Ability to produce clear, crisp visualisations and dashboards to communicate results
- Experience working on data/forecasting/inventory management problems
- Having steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Demonstration of a solid grasp of practical and technical challenges in fresh food supply chains
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- Confidence with digital / technical workflows and process
- Being a strong communicator and team player
- Drive by purpose and the learning opportunity
What's in it for you?
- Salary and share options
- You will help bring a high-growth startup to life to and execute on our ambitions collaboratively 🚀
- Working directly with our incoming CTO/Head of data scientist and the co-founders, Harry (CEO) and Lucy (COO) helping shape all aspects of the business. Harry is a massive foodie with a background in digital, tech and UX, having previously founded a food startup marketplace. Lucy brings commercial and operational experience in rapid grocery and B2B SaaS, with a background in human health, nutrition and food policy
- Becoming part of the Founder's Factory entrepreneurial ecosystem & building relationships with industry leaders for life 💙
- Entering into a culture of self-development, continuous growth and radical candour 🙏
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.