Have you always wanted to put your passion for education to use on the job? Would you like to work with an incredible team making an impact on learning around the world? If you answered yes, we can't wait to meet you!
And just who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona and nearly 10 years of history helping teachers find and create exciting, interactive video lessons. Over 80% of U.S. schools and millions of teachers and students in 190+ countries around the world are already using Edpuzzle to make education more equitable and engaging.
About the role
We’re looking for our next Data Scientist to join the Data & Analytics team in Spain. You’ll be responsible for adapting techniques from research to specific clients and research problems. You will advise on technical and theoretical possibilities within the data science domain and report and present research findings and developments clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
Wondering what it’s like to work at Edpuzzle?
Picture a place where you can connect with your teammates, whether remotely or in person, whenever you need support. A place where one day you're helping shape one of the biggest edtech platforms in the world, and the next day you're doing a teambuilding activity with your coworkers. A place where everyone has been selected because they're the best at what they do, and where your manager and team trust your decisions fully. A place where you're encouraged to learn and grow because education is the cornerstone of everything we do. Check out the job details below to see if Edpuzzle could be the right fit for you!
About the job
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Extract and query data from our data lake and data warehouse – undertake the preprocess of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, and interpret and analyse data problems.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams.
- Build analytic systems and predictive models.
- Derive insights from our customer’s behaviours and journeys to facilitate activities for acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- You have 1 year of proven experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role.
- Graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field preferred; BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- You are able to work with big amounts of data identifying patterns and relationships.
- You can organise, store, protect data, and present it in an accurate and understandable manner.
- You have deep knowledge of Python and their most useful libraries.
- You can work with relational and non-relational databases.
- You have proven experience managing projects handling multiple stakeholders, identifying constraints, and organising processes to maximise efficiency.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience working with AWS console.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience with NewRelic.
- … or another amazing skill you bring to the table that we haven’t thought of yet!
What’s it like to work remotely?
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Use the Edpuzzle office as much or as little as you like.
- Meet with your manager and team via video calls on Google Meet or Slack.
- Connect with coworkers via Slack (with channels for work and for fun!).
- To enjoy our remote work policy, you’ll need high-speed internet access.
What we offer
- Competitive salary at €30,000 - €36,000 and a yearly salary review based on performance
- Free private health insurance policy with AXA.
- €2000 annually for meals.
- Flexible remuneration for childcare and transportation.
- 24 paid holidays plus December 24th and 31st.
- Flexible working hours and reduced working time on Fridays.
- Remote-friendly: Feel free to work 100% remotely or use the Barcelona office whenever you want, for the best of both worlds!
- Free coffee, snacks, and drinks in the Barcelona office.
- Teambuilding events during working hours.
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people!
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
References from previous employers will be requested from candidates during the selection process. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!