ClimateAi is on a mission to climate-proof the economy while aiming for zero loss of lives, livelihoods, and nature. We use AI to assess the impacts of climate change, water scarcity, and declining biodiversity for businesses and government agencies around the world.
We are a fast-growing Series-B company with its roots in the dorms of Stanford University. The platform was in TIME's Best Inventions list for 2022. We're seeking an innovative, passionate, team-oriented Junior Innovation Data Scientist to help build a better tomorrow.
As a Junior Innovation Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting complex data sets to identify patterns and trends across a wide range of spatial and temporal scales. You will work closely with other members of the innovation and data science teams to develop and implement algorithms that can be used to enhance climate forecasts and to uncover novel dynamics in the relationship between humans and natural systems.
Everyone at ClimateAi is driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We don't sell to customers that we see as negatively impacting climate outcomes. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify patterns and trends
- Develop and implement machine learning models and algorithms
- Work in collaboration with Innovation team to develop new products and services
- Work in collaboration with Engineering to integrate new tools into core product
- Communicate findings and insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to write well-documented and well-structured code
- Basic understanding of statistics – including familiarity or experience with probability theory and time-series analysis
- Experience analyzing and visualizing relatively large geospatial datasets
- BS in physical / environmental science, computer science, engineering, or similar
- Experience with collaborative data development (familiarity with Jupyter Notebook and GitHub is an asset)
- Experience manipulating geospatial data (GIS) in Python or R (familiarity with QGIS, Whitebox, or GRASS is an asset)
- Experience communicating complex findings to a non-technical audience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- ClimateAi stock plan.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Learning budget per year.
- Discretionary Time Off policy.
- Flexible working hours.
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups.
- Work with cool people and be part of a mission to help the world.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA / North America remote.
Aligned with the best standards of the city you will be working from, commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.