CSIT develops products to advance the national security interests of Singapore. Our products are used in a wide range of operations, including, but not limited to, Counter-terrorism and Computer Network Defence. We are looking for talented data scientists to build mission critical data-driven products that identify, analyse and disrupt threats.
You will be part of a dynamic team of data specialists responsible for tackling complex problems in national security through the use of machine learning and data analytics.
Your work will involve a variety of rich multimodal datasets and high velocity data streams to develop and implement algorithms that drive key business decisions. You will work with machine learning engineers and software engineers to implement data analytics solutions and transform the way information is processed on an organisational scale.
Our ideal team member will have strong quantitative and computational skills, and writes high quality, extensible and maintainable code. As a staff data scientist, you will also need to effectively engage stakeholders of varying technical abilities.
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques on large-scale datasets to address business needs and solve complex operational problems
- Identify high-impact opportunities for applying machine learning and data analytics to solve key business issues
- Research on machine learning technologies (i.e. speech recognition, machine translation and/or other natural language processing technologies) to support information processing
- Collaborate closely with business users to extract actionable insights from data and develop analytics solution to meet their needs
- Set and uphold standards in code and documentation quality within the team
- Drive the development and advancement of technical skills of data scientists
- Mentor junior team members on best practices in data science and machine learning
- Keep current with developments in academia and industry
Requirements (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques (such as classification, anomaly detection and recommendation systems) on non-trivial datasets
- Deep understanding of a particular domain (e.g. natural language processing, recommendation systems or data visualisation) with working knowledge of a broader range of machine learning and data mining concepts
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with Python-based machine learning libraries
- Experience in leading and managing data science teams
- Experience in working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As CSIT is an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.