Our mission is to solve the most important and fundamental challenges in AI and Robotics to enable future generations of intelligent machines that will help us all live better lives.
The AI Institute is building an environment that fosters the kind of blue-sky thinking found in academic labs and quickly drives it to practice through development discipline and resources more common to top-tier industry teams.
What you will be doing
Work as a key part of cross-functional teams developing the next generation of high performance and intelligent robotic systems. Surrounded by top talent in artificial intelligence and controls, bring novel hardware products and processes to life that are, themselves, celebrated research advances. Learn from world-renowned technologists and play with cool robots.
What we are looking for
We are searching for outstanding talent at all experience levels of hardware development.
Competitive individuals may be missing something listed below in what we expect from mechanical-focused candidates, but may be strong in another area. Tell us what you have to offer; we are excited to hear about unexpected skills!
Below is some of what we expect from mechanical-focused candidates
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience solving complex hardware challenges.
- Strong background selecting, assembling, and troubleshooting motors, motor controllers, and other electro-mechanical components.
- Mastery of 3D CAD systems (Solidworks or similar) and experience negotiating version control with multiple contributors on large assemblies
- Familiarity with technical drawings and good GD&T practices
- Skilled with common mechanical prototyping tools and processes (mills, lathes, printers, etc).
- Proficiency with one or more engineering analysis tools (Simulation, FEA, Python, Matlab, etc).
- Excited to teach others and grow outside of their technical discipline.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.