Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status, enabling early, optimized interventions that significantly improve outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As Senior Data Scientist, you will develop the algorithms that help predict and prevent heart disease. You will use our novel data sets and biomarkers to decipher and interpret the complex patterns that signal the onset of disease. You will leverage your deep understanding of data science and physiology to bridge communication between our engineering and clinical teams. You will help design key validation and outcomes studies, lead the analysis of results, and present key findings in journals and at conferences.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
San Francisco, CA pay range
$150,000 — $190,000
Your role at Bodyport:
- Help develop and validate models and algorithms that can predict disease and worsening patient status
- Help demonstrate the effectiveness of the Bodyport solution within diverse patient populations
- Explore ways to leverage Bodyport's datasets to develop new insights and find new patterns that help predict disease
- Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to software engineers for algorithm implementation
- Help draft scientific and medical manuscripts for publication in journals and for presentation at conferences
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- MS or PhD in data science, bioinformatics, signal processing, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in a data role, ideally working on product in healthcare or life sciences
- Strong understanding of human physiology and computational biology
- Expertise in machine learning, data mining, algorithm development, and signal processing
- Experience developing algorithms for medical devices or other healthcare products
- Experience in algorithm development in Python
We want you to know
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.