Beacon AI is looking for experienced San Francisco Bay Area software engineers to develop efficient C++ software that can reliably perform complex tasks in aviation environments. You will help design, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain new software functionality to aid pilots around the globe. We seek exceptional C++ programmers excited to solve challenging problems; the products you work on will fuse massive amounts of data to increase aviation safety and performance, focusing on reliability and optimization. You will join a diverse team dedicated to making a real-world impact using advanced, creative technologies.
Due to ongoing contracts, applicants must be U.S. Persons (e.g., Citizens or Permanent residents) to meet requirements for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)-restricted work.
This position requires the successful candidate to work collaboratively with the team in person at our office at least days 3 days a week in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you will do:
- Collaborate proactively with a primarily local team to deliver software features in ROS and other real-time software frameworks
- Lead and manage complex projects end-to-end in a fast-paced startup environment, including acquiring requirements by interacting with domain experts, reading technical documents, and applying industry standards
- Write high-quality, extensible C++ code that is well tested, documented, and meet aviation safety standards and regulations, and contribute quality code reviews
- Advance modern, agile, secure software and hardware development practices
- Help grow a diverse team of creative engineers looking to make a real-world impact
What will make you successful:
- Demonstrated ability in productized software is key
- Technical degree (CS or related), strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and familiarity with probability and statistical methods
- Hands-on experience with designing, assembling and field testing robotics hardware and integrating electronic circuits
- Proven track record of developing and deploying parts of a robotic software stack like Perception, Prediction, Planning, or Control modules
- Experience in developing software features that meet aviation industry standards, regulations, and best practices, and general familiarity with safety-critical coding practices
- Experience working independently and/or leading a team on robotics projects.
- 3-8 years+ experience with Linux or RTOS and/or middleware technologies such as ROS, DDS
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance and direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for aviation
- Experience with self-driving mobility solutions, drone autopilot, motion planning, or similar challenging robotics problems will help you succeed in this role
- Familiarity with aviation RTCA standards like DO-178C, DO-160, DO-254
- Prior experience in safety-critical software development and coding practices
- Hands-on experience with software testing and test automation
- Experience working with Nvidia TensorRT or similar
For many roles, the following may apply. To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), an applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.