🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries
(🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members
, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue
. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn
. The team is 500+ people
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values
that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
Alan - Machine Learning Intern
The position is open for September-March 2024, ideally for a six-month internship.
In this position, you will get a great overview of the key strategic Machine Learning topics at Alan and you will have the chance to work with senior Alaners on topics that are instrumental to our success.
You will grow exponentially with the guidance of senior Alaners.
Some of the topics you will be working on:
1. Own and develop the Generative AI platform for branding
- Research the new evolutions in the technology for branding
- Incorporate into our stable diffusion platform the best use cases
- Interact with the teams to get the tools adopted
2. Build PoC to test new ideas, collaborate closely with the Engineering and Data communities to further develop and implement them
3. Explore language-based applications.
Key outcomes by the end of the internship
By the end of your internship you will have:
- Improved our current Stable Diffusion model;
- Tested PoCs with different areas;
- Created new processes and resources, and contributed with innovative ideas to improve our automation and efficiency.
Profile & competencies
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or Natural Language Processing and/or image generation.
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Programming skills in Python, SQL and experience with machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, transformer, langchain).
- Organization, time management and autonomy: you are well-versed in missions requiring precision and reliability. You are able to manage a project from start to finish with minimal external assistance.
- Communicate effectively: ability to communicate your specific needs and to inspire action in others.
- Always looking for the extra-mile: you will be expected to be able to deliver quickly and well on the tasks assigned to you, but also to be proactive in proposing new initiatives, going beyond the task assigned to you if you think it is necessary, as well as anticipating future needs to propose potential solutions.
- Growth mindset: you know how to ask for and receive feedback .
- Fluency in spoken and written English. All our communications are written and in English.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.